AT&T branded Q9h WM6.1 is out!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by thebluenile, Aug 3, 2008.

1. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

2. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

YOUR PHONE IS POWERING ON FOR THE FIRST TIME....PLEASE WAIT...and....
  3. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

Sorry, false alarm...is the At&t branded version but it's not locked...I'm using with O2 UK and managed to send sms, call and serf the web...better than nothing!
  4. nkrd

nkrd New Member

hello i just got my q9h, and i can't wait to try out wm6.1.

may i know if you flashed with the north american or the euro version?

and will this method work for a asia q9h set, and is there anyway to downgrade if this does not work out?

i'm currently using a asian q9h set.

thanks for your help!
  5. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

I have flashed with the european one. WM6.1 is great and everything seems to work fine but the ROM is branded At&t and there is a lot of stuff that I don't need! I tried to go back to the european 6.0 but I can't! I get a message saying:"unable to retrieve interface handle. (0x7027); phone connected". Anyone can help?
  6. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Just to be clear ... you "flashed with the european one" and "the ROM is branded At&t".
    Do you mean you flashed a EURO MotoQ with a US (AT&T) ROM?

THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Assuming that is the case, have you tried flashing from the flash interface (or "bootloader") mode?
    Remove the (fully charged) battery. Re-insert batt and PWR up while pressing and holding the * and # keys.....

Flash Key Press
    Motorola Flash Mode
    Bootloader Version:
    BOOT_U_01.25.00R_NORM
    Please Connect the USB Cable
    Run RSD and then connect the USB cable. Press "Start" when RSD indicates "Connected".

Final step... cross your fingers.

Hope it works for you.
  7. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! I got my european WM6.0 back. I spent 4 hours trying everything to get it back before you came with the solution! You are my saviour!
    Indeed it was a terrible idea but on the website where I got the WM6.1 ROM it looked like it was an european one and not an At&T one...thanks again
  8. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

:thumbup: You're welcome. (It was the "cross your fingers" that did it! :smile: )
  9. mmfarhan

mmfarhan New Member

I am trying to flash this rom on my at&t q9. But i am getting BP Failed Falshing Error

I have tried it three time and getting same error every time

any suggestions ?
  10. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

I installed the ROM from the european 6.0 and went very smoothly; the problem was to go back to the european WM6.0, I had to put the phone in bootloader first, then run RSDlite and the connect the phone. Finally managed to get my euro WM6.0 back...
  11. warriorpluto

warriorpluto New Member

12. alexeyge

alexeyge Member

Why you flashed back WM6? What was the problem with WM6.1? "A lot of stuff that I don't need" is not the reason to do this :)
  13. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

Well, the ROM worked fine for me(sms, mms, internet)but the menu contains a lot of links and AT&T programs that didn't work with my O2 UK settings, so I didn't like to have all those programs and links that were useless to me! ;-)
  14. hello

hello New Member

Hmm i have FIDO.ca ROM WM6, but i don't habe any programs, just FIDO homescreen, maye AT&T have the same? Why you can't delete unused links and programs?

How about GPS? it's really does not work? :(
  15. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Proceed with appropriate caution!

Upgrading device operating software can be one of the most rewarding experiences in phone "hacking".

It's likely that I have flashed Motorola phones over the last 4 years more than most here, and that includes literally dozens of flashes to my Moto Q 9 h's, both EURO & AT&T.

This is not to boast, but to indicate that I have fairly extensive experience with respect to flashing Motorola phones - as some who know me from other forums (incl. Vermsky & Mexiken) will confirm.

So with that....

My advice to the novice is to proceed very, very carefully before attempting the flash procedure.

Know what you have.... ("EURO"-generic, "EURO"-branded, AT&T, North American generic etc.) ...... and know what you're attempting to write to your device.

All flashes are not created equal!

Look before you leap; ask before you flash.

There's abundant advice available here.

Confirm through reading threads and posts that the file you have downloaded has been flashed to the device you own.

Ask if you're not sure!

A bad flash could make an expensive brick.
  16. warriorpluto

warriorpluto New Member

sure dont. i tried the q9 usa rom that was provided and gps is a no go. flashed both of my q9h's with it. but it did bring my bricked q9h out of brickness. :p thank goodness. i guess the rom was useful for something. no more barker not set. bla
  17. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

Do you think that the 2 ROMs available on the link that I posted are different from the initial 6.1ROM that has been available?
  18. dis100

dis100 Member

19. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I wouldnt exactly trust those files because they have been renamed and in doing so, they lose the properties to decipher what they are and from what region they are from.

Please bear in mind flashing with the wrong ROM will render your phone inoperable in most cases.
  20. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member