AS PROMISED PICTURE MAIL FOR THE Q/Q9c

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by billindelicato, Apr 3, 2008.

1. kamran5461

kamran5461 New Member

i have data plan. but when i tried setting up picture mail. the website said they will charge me $5/mo. so i dunno if thats meant for people with no data plan. can someone please clarify. ty.
    nvm. its included. just talked to a customer rep. sweet!
  2. claypool1705

claypool1705 New Member

If you went to ppcgeeks.com they only ask for a donation which is $5.00 dollars. there is no monthly fee.
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

right, but you need a picture mail account for that one to work
  4. kamran5461

kamran5461 New Member

yes i am aware of that. i just wasn't sure whether sprint was gonna charge me $5/mo for picture mail on top of my sprint data plan($15/mo).
    this is what i was talking about
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i just checked my sprint account. they are charging me for picture mail.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

one more thing
    does that work AFTER the app has been activated? he was reffering to the fact that u can pull up the contact list to conveniently select the recepients without having the type their phone numbers manually.
  5. ciscokid0690

ciscokid0690 New Member

Picture mail on Sprint????

I went to the PPCGEEKS forum and it says that I still need picture mail but it supposedly not available for WM6/6.1 IS this tru? If not do you know what I need to do to send picture mail? I can receive it from other verizon customers. Any and all help would be appreciated.

TKS
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

you just need to have a picture mail account set up (as sprint doesn't use true MMS) it's included in the vision plan anyway, even though you aren't supposed to be able to use it
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

on my way...
  8. scottydont1990

scottydont1990 New Member

aint this just a trial type thing? He wants you to donate a min. of $5 for the actual program. :( help...
  9. thefourthdoctor

thefourthdoctor New Member

Well, you can get the official picture mail program from sprint now...
  10. monsterman717

monsterman717 New Member

actually scottydont1990....I have been using that program since jan. of last yr at least and while it say he wants u to donate $5...its just an ad...all u have to do is wait like 7 seconds at startup of the app, then when u hit send, it will make u wait 7 more seconds to see if u want to donate, then after the wait period, it lets you send it, and it will do that whenever u send a pic as long as u don't donate.....and its not just a trial...b/c it sends pics as promise so as far as i'm concerned, its the full thing...until u donate, the just take out some truly useless features....I hope I helped...over all its a great program...except sometimes it take like up to 18 hours for the recipient to get the pic...oh well :) its tight with me! enjoy ladies and men
  11. DUKE2510

DUKE2510 New Member

is there any chance someone has figured out the Picture (MMS) texting problem for non sprint users?
  12. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

negative...
  13. monsterman717

monsterman717 New Member

yes....if someone decides to sit and figure it out but i'd say ur chances are slim
  14. DUKE2510

DUKE2510 New Member

i found a VERY promising .cab file on this website.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=243820

I installed and was able to add a picture. Choose to send the picture then I have to insert the phone #. Then I press send message. An error pops up and says, "your internet connection is not configured properly. Please verify your settings in Data Connections." Now I am flustered all over again!
  15. phat

phat New Member

by goerge I think I've got it. if ur still looking for picture mms I found 1 that works. http://ppcgeeks.com/showthreads.php?t=22509 all u need 2 do is download the zip open it and put the cab on ur phone. works great bsides them constantly asking for donations b4 each sent picture mail
  16. Moosanova

Moosanova New Member

So let me get this straight, this app is only for those who have a Q9C and are on Sprint's network????

Sprint Sucks!!!!
  17. ctsluder

ctsluder New Member

Why do you say this ?

For those of us who have had sprint for sometime really like them and like me have had no problems. sorry you feel this way.

Happy sprint business customer for 8 years .:smile:
  18. Moosanova

Moosanova New Member

Happy Sprint " Business " customer for 8 years????

Well that's why???

Sprint is a joke of a carrier, their customer service sucks, their coverage sucks, their fees are astronomical and forget about trying to get your phone fixed under warranty in a timely manner.

And that is just the tip of iceberg when it came to the continuous bullshit I had to put up with while with Sprint. ( And all of this even after paying my bill on time for 4 years.
  19. ctsluder

ctsluder New Member

OK lets back up here I was a non-business customer before and I was happy with them then so it depend on what kind customer you are and what your expectations are if you are happy with any carrier, not just sprint
  20. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I've been a sprint customer for 7 years and have had no billing (or any other) issues. Coverage is no problem I've been up and down the eastern seaboard from Camp Shelby Mississippi to Ft Drum New York (even got some coverage in Canada). In the Pittsburgh area Sprint's coverage is better than AT&T's...