Armor Case any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by fmkjr19, Nov 15, 2006.

1. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

2. hatadds

hatadds New Member

I have one, but I think I bought mine on eBay. It adds bulk and is somewhat ungainly. The clear window is prone to scratching (I cut a screen protector for it). Does what it is supposed to do though.
  3. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

Is it worth the money or?
  4. hatadds

hatadds New Member

Depends on how you carry your phone. When I had a Treo I used that style of case all the time. Because the Treo is heavier and thicker, it wasn't as comfortable to carry in my pocket. So I would toss it in my bag or use the belt clip. I dropped it many times and the case was super protective.
    Now with my Q, I tend to carry it my pants or shirt pocket.
    I mostly use two "skin" style cases and have applied a screen protector. They don't offer near the protection as the armor style case for abuse. I use the armor case if I am riding my bike or have to use a belt clip. It does add more thickness and weight that is perceptible. I also wonder if it may reduce my signal strength slightly.
  5. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

Thanks... I use the skins from verizon for day to day use since I carry the Q in my pocket... I might order this for the days I am in the "field" and run the risk of possible rougher treatment...

frank