apps updates

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by pikacz, Jan 17, 2012.

1. pikacz

pikacz Member

hi guys
    i have a fair number of apps installed on my mozart (around 20), plus a dozen or so games. the problem is the last time i got an app update was about a month ago. that can't be right. i live in poland but i set the region to US. a couple of months ago i got updates almost on a daily basis, now they stopped. did you encounter a similar problem? now that i think of it, it started after updating the phone to mango, now i have 7740
  2. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I would never mess around with region settings because I always have a feeling it can cause problems such as the one you're having. Now you have a device that has probably received an OS update only intended for the US and not Poland (yet). That may be causing your problem with not receiving updates now either. I suggest you contact Microsoft or figure out a way to revert back to a previous update before you changed region to US.
  3. pikacz

pikacz Member

thanks for replying, however i just received a notification of 12 updates, talk about coincidence :) it was similar a month ago, i got 9 then. it seems i get them rarely, but in bulk!
  4. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Well, that's a whole other problem with the Windows Phone Marketplace directly on the phone. It seems the app updates aren't pushed right away even after completed publishing and all. It's a pain to have to wait yet see official news about an update being available. It's something Microsoft has to correct ASAP.
  5. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

Thats curious.

My UK HTC HD7 usually gets updates the moment they are released. Its very rare for me to read about an app update on the web, and me not to have already had the update.

That being said, i would expect UK/US are no problem, yet i'd imagine non-english regions probably have a different team to validate any changes.