Anyway to take my Contacts with Me?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by kbearmoney, Jan 19, 2010.

1. kbearmoney

kbearmoney New Member

Anyway to take my Contacts with Me?

Switched from the q9c to the samsung moment, but wasn't able to transfer contacts. My q9c is now off so I can't bring them over via BT. Is there anyway to put my contacts on my storage card and bring them over that way? I have Resco Registry and was wondering if my Contacts are located anywhere that I could get to them.

And no, I dont have the contacts thru Active Sync.
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

The contacts on a WM phone are in the pim.vol file but there seems to be no way to get them out of that file except on another WM phone.
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

Bluetooth will work on an unactivated Q9c

Bluetooth will work on an un-activated Q9c....if you want to send them one at a time and your new phone will take them that way(v-card).
  4. kbearmoney

kbearmoney New Member

Too many contacts to do them 1 by 1. If I dL active sync from internet do u think that I can transfer my contacts even if my q isn't activated anymore?
  5. bberryhill0

Yes. ........
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

Yes it will work....

Yes it will work....your contacts will sync to outlook. If you new phone will sync to outlook should be able to pull them.
  7. bberryhill0

The Moment is an Android phone so if it isn't obvious how to get contacts from Outlook onto the phone look over at everythingandroid.org/forum
  8. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

If you can get your contacts into outlook. You can then export them to a cvs file and import them to gmail. This is how I got them on my Droid.
    It was easy as pie. Lol
    Also if you forward your other email addys to gmail they will be pushed (not polled) to your android phone.
    You can also export your calendar to gcal.
  9. acunn1

acunn1 New Member

contacts

If none of these options work . Try reactivating , download Dashwire and sync your contacts to Dashwire. The activate your new phone, download Dashwire and sync your contacts to it.
  10. mIQ Live

mIQ Live New Member

mIQ

Hey! Dashwire no longer takes no sign-ups. But, they powered a solution with Best Buy called mIQ and its still free. It does everything Dashwire did, but more. Go to miqlive.com from your PC or m.miqlive.com from your mobile phone. Download it, and it will transfer and backup all of your contacts, SMS, calendar events, photos & videos, and call history. :dft010:big_smile