Anyone using their Nap on Sprint network?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by ninjaap, Feb 28, 2009.

1. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

I would still like to see a Verizon Q9c flashed with Sprint firmware and activated on Sprint.
    That is possible, Correct?
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

No reason that task would not work unless there is something special about using a Sprint flash file. You'd just be turning a VZW q9c into a Sprint q9c with there firmware as both are the same hardware wise I would think. Then you'd just need to get the VZW MEID/ESN added to the Sprint database so it could be activated. I'm sure the MAN will correct me if I'm wrong.
  3. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

Less do it. It Might put some pressure on Verizon if there is a process to do so.
    And we might learn something.
  4. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

It would still need to be manually programmed after Sprint assigns it a unique SPC AND puts the MEID in their database. Then their OTA data profile update should work.
  5. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

You can tell tech support how to do it--------:w00t:
  6. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

I did just what you said by flashing a Sprint Q9c to Verizon and then back to Sprint and even Sprint Tech Support couldn't get the data back.

I couldn't make a QPST backup because I didn't have the SPC.
    Afterwards CellZealot told me how to get the SPC from Radio Comm.
    I don’t know if anything else is needed.

But if we are going from a Verizon Q9c to Sprint Q9c we will not have a Sprint QPST backup to apply.

What am I missing?
  7. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Just guessing seeing as I know nothing about a Sprint setup but I would think we'd need the/a SPC from Sprint. Then put it on the device using Radiocomm after flashing it to Sprints firmware. To then follow up by manually programing the device by the internal phone programming menu or doing it using Service programming in QPST. Again tho being I don't have Sprint service and have never really toyed or messed with any Sprint devices whether they be dumbphone or smartphone I can't say for sure either way as to what is correct. If my thought is correct would be to hard really as long as you know how to use Radiocomm & QPST. And QPST is the easy part, Radiocomm isn't so bacd as long as you know the specific info needed for doing the seem edit using it. Personally i've never been a big fan of doing seems with Radiocommm but I have tho, just gotta have the right details tho or you will mess things up in a hurry that is for sure.