anyone know: send & receive every minute??

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by pokerking13, Aug 29, 2007.

1. pokerking13

pokerking13 New Member

anyone know: send & receive every minute??

Anyone know how to change the email sync to every minute instead of every 15min? I'd like to get emails quicker...
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

best you can do by default is 15 min
    if you are a verizon customer you can use wireless sync
    or if not you can look for any email push service: mail2web, flexmail (which overwrites the existing message center can be set to whatever time you want) and quite a few other programs
    just search the forum for 'email push' and you will find somethings that suit your needs
  3. pokerking13

pokerking13 New Member

Thanks for the info..

I am a verizon customer - Can I program it to sync every minute or do I have to manually click the icon?
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

you can program wireless sync to sync 'real time'

start--wireless sync to setup the program
  5. Eugene

Eugene New Member

You don't want to try it every minute. My wife wanted her e-mail faster on her desktop so she set Outlook to check her e-mail every minute. Well then our internet got a little slow and she got on quite a few mailing lists and all of a sudden it took more than one minute to check her e-mail and outlook was dumb enough to try opening another session and would error out when the mail server denied the second connection.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it's kind of surprising unless you already know but syncing that often will drain the battery like it is going out of style :}

and wireless sync, yea i guess it works but i do not agree w/ Scott that is it real time (that maybe in theory).. i have used it for a short while and was not impressed by the speed of incoming messages + even though the server pushes the mail it would still consume quite some battery power.

just my 5cts.
  7. recife

recife New Member

hey there, I'm not affiliated with these guys but consilient push has a pull system that checks every minute, I think the free version is ad supported, I've recieved 1 ad email in almost a month. I have noticed a battery drain from it of course, but it's not a problem for me. And it has been the easiest system for gmail to handle for me. www.consilientpush.com
  8. recife

recife New Member

9. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

You could also try PushEffect. Works quite well and won't kill your battery with scheduled mail checks:

www.qorefunctions.com