Anyone have the Speck ToughSkin or Seidio Skin Case?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by Spaniard85, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Spaniard85

Spaniard85 New Member

Anyone have the Speck ToughSkin or Seidio Skin Case?

If so, what do you think of it? I'm looking for something to protect my Q, but I don't want a cheap silicone case. I want something that adds very little bulk to the phone, as I almost always put my phone in my pocket. Since my phone is often in my pocket, I'd also like something that isn't "grabby" and hard to get out of a pocket.

Thanks!
  2. jeff1974w

jeff1974w New Member

ya, i have the speck rubber case! it was nice for a while, but having to remove it all the time to remove the battery on my q (had alot of probs with it freezing up) the piece under the keys became rather loose and not form fitting anymore! the plastic clip/holster that comes with it is a joke! it is just not easy to use, by the time you get the phone off of the holster, its too late!
  3. psdouglas

psdouglas New Member

Speck

I have been using the Speck for a couple of months now and wouldn't use anything else. I think you could drop the Q a number of times without any damage.
    It doesn't slide out of your pocket as easily as without it, but that's no big deal to me. I'd rather have the protection.
  4. jeff1974w

jeff1974w New Member

oh yes, i agree that for protection it is the S*#T super tough with the thick rubber and the screen protector! but youll have to get a pouch for it cause you cant use the clip that comes with it!
  5. cuttingedgegraphics

cuttingedgegraphics New Member

I just purchased the Speck 3-Pack SeeThru cases. So far I'm really happy with the way they protect my Q. The screen protector is built into the plastic unlike the ToughSkin one sliding around like it does on my iPod. The SeeThru cases fit very snug and dont move around at all. I'm still looking for the right holster but I would guess the SeeThru cases would fit in a holster with no issues as they aren't a very thick plastic, but definately enough to protect the Q. I got mine through Comp Usa for around $15 shipped. Might be worth checking out.
  6. Spaniard85

Spaniard85 New Member

Thanks for the replis guys. The ToughSkin is sounding more and more like it'll be the winner, but how much bulk does it add tot the phone? Same question to the fella with the clear hardcase.

PFMQ
  7. cuttingedgegraphics

The SeeThru case adds no bulk at all on the Q. Another major thing I like about it is that it doesnt collect pocket fuzz like the rubber ToughSkin does. I know alot of people ditched the hoslter that comes with the ToughSkin because it takes two hands to get it out most of the time. Look of some reviews on the ToughSkin and you'll see what I'm talking about.
  8. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

I have the tough skin, and it won't fit the extended life battery. I ordered it without thinking about that aspect. It's currently at my construction trailer, so I'll have to snap a pic of it tomorrow, and upload it.

The tough skin adds considerable bulk to the size of the Q. Something that really defeats a main aspect of why I bought it. I'm a construction manager and am on a job site from demo, to site clearing, through final move-in so my Q sees some rough times. I've dropped it numerous times, without protection and it has held up fine. I've wallowed back and forth on many different protective coverings and my main misgiving is that none of the cases that I've been able to find accomodate the long life battery.
  9. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Forgot I would post this.

Here's a shot of the toughskin in the wild.

[​IMG]

As you can see, it really adds some size to the Q. The rubber is strong and solid, but really bulky.
  10. Spaniard85

Spaniard85 New Member

Bah, that's what I was afraid of. Looks like I'll be going with the clear cases.
  11. cuttingedgegraphics

I think you'll be more than happy with the quality of the clear cases by Speck. Had mine about a week now and they are great. :thumbup:
  12. Smoothieking

Smoothieking New Member

Seidio Clear Skin

This is my second skin from Seidio. The first was their rubberized skin that didn't fit the phone at all. The clear skin, fits like a glove and definately provides the heft that you are looking for.
  13. Baelinwolf

Baelinwolf New Member

tough skin

I got the tough skin from speck and I love it...
    I don't mind the extra bulk because it fits in my hands better...the rubber gives me something to hold onto which is good seeing as the q is a bit slippery when I first pull it out of my pocket while I'm trying to flip it around in my hands to see the screen. I've almost dropped it several times.
    I have the same style case from speck for my mp3 player...looks great on a motorcycle mount :)

I like the idea of a hard screen protector as well

Hope this helps
    -Baelinwolf