anyone have the motorola side pouch?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by iride, Feb 9, 2007.

1. gaston88

gaston88 New Member

side pouch

I have the pouch and
    I have the pouch and I do not think it will stand up to much abuse. You can add Velcro to keep it more securely closed but that might defeat the whole purpose of buying it in the first place. I also agree that the belt clip will let the pouch slip, specially while riding a Mbike.

http://www.krusell.se/

They have great cases with strong clips...
  2. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

I've got to say that I don't understand the complaints about the pouch's clip -- to the point that I don't even know if we're talking about the same pouch.

The clip is so stiff that it is incredibly difficult for me to either put on my belt, or take it off. I'm pretty sure my belt would disintegrate before the pouch's clip would come off my belt. I should probably add that the clip is enclosed in leather, as in the picture that MattB posted.

If I still had my CBR I'd have no second thoughts about riding with this pouch.

I will agree that it is a little bulky, but other than that I couldn't be happier with it.. unless it had a zippered compartment in the flap.
  3. CoolGui

CoolGui New Member

I got this case shortly after buying the Q. It's not too bad. The clip is very strong. I haven't had any problems with it falling off, and I agree, it's sometimes hard to even put onto the belt. The flap holds pretty well, but it doesn't snap and it's kind of big. I like the soft padding on the flap because it keeps me from scratching the phone like I did with my last case.

My main complaint with this case is that the belt clip protrudes out way too far. I feel like I'm carrying a toolbelt. For such a slim phone, it should be closer and a little tigher on your body. But maybe that's just me.
  4. boywonda112

boywonda112 New Member

Does the q have the "blackberry" effect when slid into the pouch. Does the screen go blank? Because that is a really cool feature if so
  5. bpclay

bpclay New Member

I really like this pouch....but does it work with the extended battery?
  6. MotQNNJ

MotQNNJ Guest

I had it. I bought it on ebay for a steal, but returned it due to the flap not staying closed with the OEM extended battery. MOT said it would work with the EXT battery, but not so good.

I ended up purchasing a universal PDA side pouch from a VZW store and I love it. I had gone through at least 6 pouches/cases until I found one I liked