Anyone got data working on another CDMA carrier yet???

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by phil3315, Mar 19, 2009.

1. phil3315

phil3315 Member

Anyone got data working on another CDMA carrier yet???

Just wondering if anyone else has tried activating a Q9n on Sprint, Alltel, US Cell, Cricket, etc...

I'm on Alltel for over a month, but can't get the data user/passowrds changed by any of the usual methods...
  2. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

i dont but i have been speaking with someone who is doing it on sprint.he said all is going well and will giveme an update this weekend when he gets the buggs worked out.
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Did you have a data plan prior to switching your phone? Could you explain what are "data usage passwords?" Do you mean your email accounts, etc? I'm on Veri$on but not that much diff - no probs here at all. :) -Q
  4. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

It's the user name and password settings needed for accessing the carriers network. You don't see them as they get programmed when you activate the phone and do *228 on VZW. All devices have a login & password so you have access to the carriers data network. As an example if you were to go in and change the one programmed in your phone and then went and tried to use a data feature on your device it would no longer work using data services specailly if you want to use the EVDO side of the network. Using it in 1x mode is a lot easier to deal with but they still need to be set right.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Could you give us (me :smile:) an update and details on how to use the N on Sprint. I would very much like to migrate to Sprint.
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

If you get it working on Sprint......

======================
    Just in case you get it working on Sprint! :laugh2:

Attached Files:

7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Nice! :smile:
  8. phil3315

phil3315 Member

Great News! I hope he figures something out on the data user/pass.

I finally got a job, so I really need to get the data working. Just wish I could find out when Alltel/VZW are going to allow each others passwords/authentication on their networks...
  9. phil3315

phil3315 Member

Yeah, I've had a data plan for years, switched to the Nap from my original Q. Usually it's easy to activate a verizon phone on alltel, as you just changed the DATA settings through QPST or RSD and do a *22801 or *22800 to load the PRL for Alltel, and you're on your way. Verizon has stopped that now though, by putting a lock on the nvm directory where all of these settings are stored, so the settings can't be changed...

Gotta love Verizon and they love to cripple their phones...