Anyone ever replace a lens on q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by magicman08, Mar 12, 2008.

1. samuraki

samuraki New Member

it's my buddies phone that I took apart for him. he bought it on ebay and its really scratched up. We used brasso on it but it didn't help too much. He thinks he is going to order a new faceplate from that website. If he does, i will let everyone know what the deal is. i believe that this is a legitimate website. I have purchased many OEM housing for my phones over the years and they are always from hong kong and they are always very nice, so far.

BTW, i have not ever replaced a lens on the phone
  2. web1b

web1b New Member

It took a few weeks to get the faceplate. I didn't realize it was being shipped from Hong Kong. Then I had to go to the post office on Saturday to get it because they sent it registered mail and I'm never home when the mail comes.

I went to the local private wireless store today and the tech installed it in about twenty minutes for $20. The Sprint store wouldn't install it.
    So, now I have a whole new faceplate with both a new screen and keyboard.
    It all looks like new.
  3. 2slow2run

2slow2run New Member

why wouldnt a sprint store install it?
    the service and fee would cost 35.00+tax.
    i'm a sprint tech. what i do is service and repair phones.
    but pretty much if the part is in stock . they should be able to replace it for you .

btw i tooken apart most of the cdma phones/nextels phone from sprint nextel.
  4. web1b

web1b New Member

They said they don't carry spare parts for the Q9c and they only install parts they stock.
    I ordered the spare screen from Hong Kong and took it to an independent cellular phone store where they aren't constrained by those rules.
  5. 2slow2run

2slow2run New Member

well they dont really have new parts. but if your phone is scratch and if theres a return 1 in stock they take that part and put it in your phone.
    well thats why you have esrp and tep. they can replace the phone for you.the other case is theyll call up another repair store and check up on the Q in mint condition. pretty much if your a dick ass customer, ull most likely have your phone replaced .
  6. web1b

web1b New Member

They said they won't do anything because a screen scratch is only cosmetic and isn't covered by TEP.
    They way I did it is the only way to get it fixed.
  7. 2slow2run

2slow2run New Member

yeah its true also. well what you can do is bust the lcd and have your phone replaced :). well our store, if customer isnt such a dick and would just like us to replace the lens, and they ask in a nicely manner, well'd gladly do it . i'd personally do it just for being a good customer.
    well other way is just drop your phone and lcd break.
  8. web1b

web1b New Member

They said they only had spare parts for older phones, not the Q9c and so they couldn't do it even if I wanted to pay out of warranty because they just had nothing to repair it with.
    If the screen was cracked, they still couldn't fix it with the warranty because they had no parts at all. It would have had to been sent in as a TEP claim, and they would mail me a replacement phone.
  9. 2slow2run

2slow2run New Member

what store is that? the sprint store i work for covers lcd crack hinge, some cosmetic. even if your a dick ass customer comes in and complain about your hinge is cracked and you have esrp and tep, well replaced for you. if they dont have the parts in stock to repair your lcd. most likely your phone is gonna be replaced!
  10. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

Does anyone know where to find a replacement part for the piece that goes over the camera?

This one here, with the arrows on it???

[​IMG]
  11. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

no m8te, i have no clue, i haven't seen it anywhere at all even in my finite searches i only found the front aspect of the phone, i am afraid you might be f*d in the A
  12. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

Well dangit... I was afraid of that. There is even a part number stamped on the inside of it, but no luck via an online search! :frown:

13. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

Where can I find just an extended battery cover??
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

15. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

none that i know of
  17. 2slow2run

2slow2run New Member

it be so much easier if you have esrp from sprint