Anyone else get this Private Message?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Guardian, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Bump
    I have to go to class right now! (yeah-running late again)
    FlexilisMobileSecurity, if you could please respond to my questions in 2 posts above.
    But mainly--I want to make sure I can take this off my HS w/o hurting the programs performance.
    What is it blocking TCP port 135?
    And how is battery life going to be affected with it constantly scanning/blocking the ports on the phones? Just curious b/c this is "always on".
    Thanks...
    Will check back later....
    Good Luck to the rest who are having problems activating the program.
    And- many of us store our pictures on our flash cards, are you going to be able to scan our cards to back up our pix's from there?
    *No-I'm not driving & texting ;o)*
  2. FlexilisMobileSecurity

FlexilisMobileSecurity New Member

Hi geekster, glad you're not driving and texting :)

as far as removing it from the homescreen on smartphones, this option isnt there in this release, but will be in the release that should come out in the next week.

the tcp port 135 message means the software is working and preventing you from attacks :) that one you'll see in particular often on verizon phones, because they give out publically accessible ip addresses to their devices (meaning there's really nothing between your phone and the internet filtering all traffic like other providers do, so you're seeing, in this case, a worm from someone else's computer out there that has been affected and trying to take over your device the same way it would any other computer on the internet.

battery life has not really been affected under our current testing, it's not much different than any other app or process already running in the background on your phone, it uses almost no cpu, and very little memory. :)

3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i really think you should make the homescreen plugin a priority as many people might not want it to mess up there custom screens
    perhaps while your working on the verizon issue with activating you can add that
  4. FlexilisMobileSecurity

its definately high priority right now. :)

5. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I see there are two threads for this now...
  6. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

*sigh* yeah.........
  7. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

woo..I got that pm today.

I kinda feel special now.
  8. FlexilisMobileSecurity

thank goodness for thread subscriptions, so I can help you guys out on both :-P

9. cindra

cindra Active Member

<---invited, but not coming to the party.

Haven't found any reason at all to run the more established anti-virus programs on my Q, and there was nothing specified in the PM that offered any more compelling reason to install this one, so I'm sitting this one out. If you do have a limited beta, you can extend my offer to someone else. Thanks, anyway. :smile:
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

The supermods will most likely merge them :)
  11. cheri

cheri Active Member

It's not just anti-virus...
  12. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Are supermods Marvel or DC??
  13. FlexilisMobileSecurity

Cindra: that right there alone is excellent feedback, thank you. If users cant see why we're better than the competition, we need to fix that :)

I'll give you a few though anyway :)
    -more lightweight and less memory intensive than competing av/security apps.
    -less to download. a 500k over the air download versus some competitors products that are as big as 80mb on the download, and require you to connect your phone to your pc and use activesync..
    -data backup and protection. we're a suite of tools. not just anti virus, or firewall and security, but backup and data protection as well, and that's not just your pics and documents, but your call history, sms's(texts), and more, whatever you tell it you want protected and backed up. :)

we've also got some really mind blowing features being worked on in the pipeline right now, but I cant say anything about those :)

Cheri: let's hope, and maybe something with a peppier title! :-P

14. cheri

cheri Active Member

Good question...but I can't answer that one of the more uhm experienced comic book oficiandos should be able to :)
  15. Geekster

Geekster New Member

One of my questions in my list of questions wasn't answered so I will ask it again if you don't mind. Your program backed up only 1 picture I had in My Documents instead of what I had on my storage card as most Q users do b/c of storage limitations on the phone itself: will you be able to fix it where the cards are read for pictures? That's a big plus in my book if you can accomplish that.
    Plus the HS thing. As a moderate HS creator (I am sooo not a master like the others) I would like to be able to build HS's without this programs interference. I read where you are going to fix that & that's great but still wanted to get my 2 pennies in there.
    Thanks for all the feed back & help you gave us today.
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

way to much crap to filter through to merge them
    please head to this thread for those who were invited to beta test

--thread closed--
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.