Anyone else get this Private Message?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Guardian, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Anyone else get this Private Message?

I just got this message through PM and I was wondering who else got it and if this is legit or even allowed. It seems like an interesting idea but I am not sure if this is SPAM and misuse of the members of this forum or not. Any feedback would be appreciated.

---Original PM---
    Flexilis Beta Hello!

I'm Chris, Community Director at Flexilis, Inc. We *really* love mobile devices and, especially, all the cool things that they can do to make life more fun, social, and productive. As mobile devices have become a central part of people’s lives, it has become important that these devices stay safe – they contain your personal data, contacts, pictures, cool applications, and can be your connection to the world. Losing a device (or accidently breaking it) isn’t fun – we’ve been there. Getting SMS spam or downloading malware isn’t fun either – we’ve been there too.

We've developed a next generation mobile security app built to keep your mobile device and data safe from loss, theft, malware, hackers, and spam. We’ve built this app from the ground up with mobile in mind, so it is lightweight (really fast) and cross platform (runs on tons of devices). Woohoo!

We'd like to invite you to take part in beta testing our application. We are big fans of the EverythingQ Forums and have noticed that you are a great contributor and part of the community. From what we’ve seen, we’re guessing that you probably are as excited about the mobile revolution as we are and love to download cool apps and try new mobile technologies. We hope we can get this software into your hands to use, and get some feedback on how to make it even better based on your feedback!

If you are interested in being a beta tester, please redeem your invite link at http://beta.flexilis.com/redeem_invite/ & if you're not interested, then no problem! This will be the only correspondence you receive from us. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot us a note.

Hope to see you soon!

-Chris

Christopher Darbro
    Community Director, Flexilis
    support@flexilis.com
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

I got it

I got it.....Have the CAB downloaded. Sent a response to the PM. No Answer....Says they are on line.
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

Just Got a Reply.....

Just Got a Reply.....May try it for grins! I'll report.
  4. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

I made a thread about this entitled "Spam?" Search and your questions will be answered.
  5. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Thanks for checking it out. I just don't like being solicited like that. I figure if legit, then why not post it for everyone to see you know? Would love to know how it goes, please keep me posted please. Thanks.
  6. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Well thank you, didn't expect to have to search for the word spam to find something that was not publicly posted but thank you for the effort. You couldn't just link it in your post here, I doubt there is only one post on this place titled spam.

EDIT: Just read the entire 2 pages full of BS about spam and jokes to get two posts that were worth anything. I still don't know if its legit but the person sounded sincere enough. Manbat, please keep me posted on how it goes. I don't know if i want to make my device and content on it a test rat for some software that I don't know how it is designed or works and if I can trust it no to lift my information.
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

What's been up guardian???
  8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Not much, same sh*t, different day, been really busy. How about you?
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Same-o... same-o. Just preparing myself for another work week. But the good news is the following is thanksgiving. So I'll be looking forward to that.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ust got this pm...

potQ9c
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

as did I...
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

Same here!
  13. manbat

manbat Active Member

I installed it.......seems to be hung on 'activating'. Sent email to support and was given a support link. That was last night....still the same. It installs some DLLs,an EXE, some WAV files and several text files in 'Programs' ...hasn't 'activated' yet. Posted via Q9m/c Hybrid
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

same here
    just hangs
  15. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Me waiting until this clears up then. Don't want to traumatize my poor ol' phone anymore than necessary.
    *sitting back to see how they handle this*
    Thanks my little "lab rats".
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*pulls up chair next to Geekster*
  17. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

<< also waiting...
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

also waiting, got a beer anyone

[ ]D
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

Pass the popcorn!
  20. FlexilisMobileSecurity

FlexilisMobileSecurity New Member

We're taking a look at this right now, seems all other handsets are working great, and this is correlating to specific types of Q's, what networks are you guys on/with when this is happening?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.