Any way to really prevent sluggishness?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by kareljack, Sep 9, 2009.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Any way to really prevent sluggishness?

There's nothing like a fresh install to make the Q9 seem like the baddest phone on the planet. Apps start up quickly, navigation is fast..ahhh the memories.
    But as we all know, loading some 20+ apps and daily use tends to slow the phone down and there is only so much that SkTools can do.
    It takes a few seconds for my browser to fire up, as opposed to the almost instant performance on a fresh phone. I know this is the curse of Windows but does anyone have any clue as to minimize this happening?
    Gawd, if only the Q9 series had a 500mhz processor.. the wait till WinMo 7 would be much easier.
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I have thought of doing a sprite backup right after a fresh install just so I can nuke it when it starts slowing down. Haven't gotten past the thinking part of said plan...
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I do have a backup made right after the install with a core group of apps. But since then I have added more apps, updates to existing apps and other customizations.
    Pretty soon I will just bite the bullet and install that new ROM that supposedly gives better reception and 3g performance. I will then add all my current apps, redo my customizations and do a backup.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

by then WM7 will be out :p

I know how you feel though, my storage card is a mess. Years worth of quick saves with non discript files names and bad apps to go thru.