Any regrets?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Snuff71, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Josh Burkholder

Josh Burkholder New Member

I switched from an Iphone and haven't looked back. I picked up the LG quantum and have loved it...more than I thought I would. My wife really liked it and they had the buy 1 get one free so I took the leap. I had a zune until it broke in Sept so was looking forward to getting the zune pass again. For once Microsoft can say, "It just works". I have windows 7 on all our laptops, desktops and on my HTPC and there are apps that integrate it all together simply. I think microsoft has layed a nice foundation for what's going to be a great phone OS.
  2. Hologram

Hologram New Member

I also switched from an iphone 4 and so far love the switch. I love the keyboard since i mainly text, so that was a big selling point to me. The fast action of the OS is great, its nice and fluid and the whole experience is much more enjoyable to me than the iphone ever was. Also i have not been experiencing the data usage issues that some have been having. btw i have the samsung focus.
  3. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

WP7 is ok.

Whilst i like my HD7, it does feel cheap compared to an iphone. I miss all the iphone accessories, especially connection to my car stereos.

Biggest annoyance for me is the apps. I cant find a good RSS or twitter reader. Every one i try has reliability issues. I use the apps quite reguarly, and find im rebooting my phone a couple of times a week, where my iPhone was like once every week or two.
  4. RobR

RobR Member

I use SimpiRSS and the actual Twitter App without any issues at all, I assume you've probably tried them but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.
  5. Hologram

Hologram New Member

I think so far after a few days of using the phone my only complaint is the focus keyboard response. I'm a big texter and the lack of response when pressing letters is annoying...i know the os is new but hopefully when the update comes it addresses this issue
  6. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

First few weeks , NO (it kept me busy linking contacts). NOW ? YUP. (it keeps me busy keep tracking bugs)
  7. hasankamal

hasankamal New Member

No regrets with my Samsung Omnia, had it for 3 days now screen is fantabulous, I just love the UI, the transition between screens is beautiful
  8. David Starr

David Starr New Member

None at all with my Trophy 7. Love it. So smart! :)
  9. RobR

RobR Member

Couple of days ago I received a text message from Bell on my iPhone letting me know that I can upgrade my phone. Not sure why so early since my upgrade was scheduled for June but I'll take it. The HD7 is coming to Bell soon so I'll finally be able to use WP7 exclusively instead of the double phone action that is happening now.
  10. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

Yesterday i uttered those bad words :(

Im really beginning to wish i'd not been soo tight, and just brought an iPhone 4, instead of the HD7.

WP7 is a really nice OS, quick and easy, but the longer i stick with it, the more bugs i find. I think my phone rebooted itself twice yesterday, and i had to manually reboot it once.

I've made my mind up, that im not going to spend another penny on the WP7 marketplace until the next update, and if the phone is still an unreliable mess, then im going to sell my phone and go back to an iPhone.

Maybe i need to find some sort of Microsoft bug tracker for WP7, as i could quite happily keep them in work for a while.
  11. RobR

RobR Member

You sure you're not having a hardware issue? I have an HD7 and it doesn't reboot itself and I haven't had to reboot it in a while. Actually, I have to reboot my iPhone more than the HD7.
  12. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

I agree, I think you might have hardware issues. I have a Focus, and the only time I need to reset is when the marketplace crashes.
  13. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

Maybe i'll talk to O2 and see about getting a replacement handset.

Personally i think one of my applications has memory leaks, and the OS isn't very good at handling them. I'd be willing to wager its Flux (RSS Reader) as thats usually the first application to start messing around on my phone, then all sorts of wierd stuff starts happening.
  14. RobR

RobR Member

If you suspect your RSS reader try SimpiRSS, its free. I use that for my RSS Reader and don't experience any issues.