Any regrets?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Snuff71, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Snuff71

Snuff71 New Member

Well, I was going to wait until VZW gets WP7, but after looking at my bill, and other reasons I won't bore you with, I've decided to jump ship and go over to TMO.

My question is, have any of you regretted going to WP7? If so, why?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

It's all based on expectations and what phone your WP7 is replacing. I think Windows Phone 7 is an excellent OS, but will require updates to make it complete. These are small details that will improve upon the user experience. As a whole, I think it's an excellent OS.
  3. Steven Elliott

Steven Elliott New Member

I have AT&T and have had the iPhone 4 and samsung captivate this year. I like this software better than android. I'm trying to find reasons to go back to iPhone 4 as I have the iPad and my wife has the iPhone 4 and she wants to do facetime. I like the syncing once you figure it out. I love the integration with people and facebook. The screen is nice for the focus. I'm not sure how I feel about the tiles, seems like they gave a lot of space away to one arrow. Zune syncs movies and music fine. I like the integrated office to view and edit files, at least the basics. The iPhone camera is just better, period. Other than the relatively few apps and lack of a good ebook reader, I like the refreshing look. I can't find a reason to hate it yet lol.
  4. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

No regrets per say. I have been tracking this OS ever since it was announced last year, and I knew what it's pluses and negatives were months before I got my Focus.
    I previously used a Moto q9h for over 2.5 years..so WP7 is like heaven right now.
  5. meridian

meridian Member

I smile everytime I turn on my Mozart. No regrets.
    Redux7 likes this.
  6. chris

I'd imagine that's a pretty big jump.;) <------ooooh, I need to update those smilies.
  7. The Sand

The Sand New Member

I like it a lot more than I thought I would... the Hotmail sync for contacts and calendar is great. I tried using Google to sync calendar on my Blackberry but never could get it to work the way I wanted. I see WP7 as a great consumer phone. The OS is certainly in its infancy but it is very, very promising. I also have a Nokia N900 and I was surprised that this phone (LG Quantum) entertains me as much as that one... it's slick and fun!
  8. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

My only regret is that the phones I preferred more than the Focus weren't coming to ATT in the US. Of course, I'm not switching to Tmo for a dell phone cause my family plan is pretty good, and the Focus is pretty much the Ominia 7 (which I wanted, but for some reason it isn't coming over here).
    kell329 likes this.
  9. Randall East

Randall East New Member

I love it and no regrets! I've been using mine for the last week for work and I can't see enough good things about the OS. Email is smooth as silk and I the keyboard is great! I can type emails as fast or faster than any other phone I've had. Sure there are little pieces missing, but MS has a great upgrade path lined up and with the resources they have, you can bet they will stay on top of it. The only one thing I'm missing I want desperately is Audible support, which I hear is coming.
  10. juniour

juniour New Member

Absolutely no regrets with my Samsung Omnia, had it for 3 days now screen is fantabulous, I just love the UI, the transition between screens is beautiful. Its just so fast and clean and easy lol
  11. krcaso

krcaso New Member

Oh man, i love my focus, I really do, it is just amazing how the phone suits me, of course there is the lack of apps but everyday is something new, no regret at all ... just an anecdote: I have had the focus for like about a week I used to have an Iphone 3Gs ... my girlfriend has one too, yesterday I was playing with her phone and realized how I am into the WP7 now : I tried to get out of last.fm by touching the back button but there was none!
  12. chris

Switching phones, I find myself looking for features from one in another. I picked up my iPad this morning and wanted to tap to left of messages on my screen to select for deletion. Forgot that I have that added step of selecting 'Edit'.
  13. alejovh1

alejovh1 New Member

no regrets here either, love my Focus. I do miss some of the apps that I had on my iphone 4 but hope to see them soon in the marketplace.
  14. Snuff71

Snuff71 New Member

Thanks for the responses. I dumped my VZW service, along with the Samsung Fascinate.

Picked up the HD7 on Tuesday. The phone has exceeded my expectations. I love it! I'm new to Windows phones in general. Combined w/ Zune pass, it has become my dream device. Tmobile voice service has been great so far too.

I couldn't understand why people were saying that the apps are lacking. The market place has some great apps!

I think anyone who gets a WP7 will be happy.
    chris likes this.
  15. chris

Good choice and I agree. Zune, Twitter, Facebook apps -- certainly a good start.

Welcome aboard!
  16. Eli Juicy Jones

Eli Juicy Jones New Member

All of my friends are phone nerds, and between us we have them all, now that I bought the HTC HD7 that is. I am a lifelong Apple guy, just killed my iPhone, and I fell in love after i put my hands on WP7. Even though I'm the only one who made the leap so far, many of them are totally rapt with it and two are seriously considering switching from their iPhone / Blackberry.

After using WP7 it is very hard to go back to little rectangular pages full of icons like iOS and Android rely on. The Twitter app and OneBusAway are stunning to look at - heck they all are. IMDB? Amazing. Anyway, having complete Facebook integration rules, and pinning friends and your favorite artists on the home page is really fun IMO.

I second all thoughts above about WP7 needing a lot of updates (you can only get a movie off the phone by connecting it to a computer, facepalm), but i am on board. I am just so so sad they are denying they'll ever use WP7 for tablets because it would be absolutely perfect for them.
  17. Redux7

Redux7 Member

Nice to hear....I am sure MST will change their mind eventually. You are right. The Metro interface would make the netbook obsolete.

How are you liking the HD7, had a chance to play with it and it was amazingly fast IMO.
  18. Scott Gifford

Scott Gifford New Member

None here, aside from a current bug with photo's uploading, but I imagine that will be fixed soon. I had an iPhone before and did not like it at all. WP7 is much much better in my opinion. The OS is smoother and more efficient. It integrates better with Exchange and with facebook. The only thing better about the iPhone 4 is hardware. While I love my Focus, it just doesn't have the screen, camera, or battery life of the iPhone. But I would not trade the much better OS for any of those.
  19. chris

I wish it felt as "solid" as the iPhone 4.
  20. Jhorra

Jhorra New Member

None here. I actually find I really enjoy using this phone. The interface just feels so right. I'm coming from an iPhone 4, and aside from a few minor things I feel will be addressed in updates, I feel this OS is better than anything else out there right now.