Any more luck with the crystal cases?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by acrunchyfrog, Apr 12, 2007.

1. acrunchyfrog

acrunchyfrog New Member

Any more luck with the crystal cases?

I would like to get a crystal case for my black Q. It seems that the Seidio ones don't close quite well enough according to reviews. Has anyone had good luck with the Mobi case or the Smartphone experts case?
  2. N7AS

N7AS Member

I have the Sprint Q which is the same rubberized housing as the black. I tried the SmartPhoneExperts case and it didn't close properly. I am using the Speck 3-pack and the fit is perfect.
  3. chaos9

chaos9 New Member

i haven't tried any of the others but I'm also using the Speck 3 pack. they're a perfect fit. covers the SD slot but doesn't inhibit typing. the price wasn't bad either.
  4. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

the one i got today from ebay fit great. BUT offered no screen protection and the clip part of the case kept coming loose. I bought it from 'bargaincell' on ebay. Package says "Wireless Accessories - MOTLEA062". Full access to all buttons, port, and sd

I went to sprint and bought a "nextel style" case for it. Snaps in screen first and is very tight.
  5. jeanniewong

jeanniewong New Member

mobi case

i also have a black Q and bought the mobi clear case. it almost fits the phone, except for the top part doesn't seem to latch completely. it doesn't pop open and i like that it covers the screen. i first purchased the seidio crystal case, but i didn't like that it didn't have the screen protection.
  6. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I contacted Speck and the email I got back say they have no plans on making a plastic hard case to support the Q extened Battery
  7. Pegleg

Pegleg New Member

dunno how true this is, but some have said that cases which cover the screen scratched the screen becuase some particle got stuck between the cover and screen, for some devices...

I, too, got the ebay one, fit ok but seams didn't close up and i broke one of the tabs that go from one side into a u shaped opening of another side.

I just said screw with the case....for now....prod info for Seidio seems to suggest that they are working on one for blk qs.
  8. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Seidio will release a new super slim crystal case and rubberized case that work perfectly with silver, black and sprint grey Motorola Q today (4/20).
  9. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Seidio just released super slim rubberized hard case that works with Sprint grey Q and Verizon black Q.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=466

Super slim crystal case for grey Q and Black Q is also available.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=744

Seidio also offers the rubberized case and matching plastic holster combo at the discount price.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=516
  10. hamsup1o

hamsup1o New Member

FYI...this is not completely accurate. I just placed an order for the rubberized case/holster Q combo (the last link). I went through the whole process and placed the order. There was no option to select or a comment field to specify which version of the Q that I have. I decided to contact customer support to make sure and was told that this combo is only for the silver Verizon Q. I ended up cancelling the order. Just thought I let everyone know so you don't have to go through the hassle.
  11. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

We just released the combo for Black Q and Grey Q today. We have set up the product page on our site. Shipping for rubberized case, crystal case and combo begins on next Monday (4/23).

Sorry for the confusion.

Again, here is the link for the Combo for Black and Grey Q.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=516

You do not need to select either black or grey. As the same rubberized case works with Grey Q as well as black Q.

Seidio
  12. acrunchyfrog

acrunchyfrog New Member

Thanks for the heads up. If they get back to you or if Seidoseido would look into this and give us an update, it would be much appreciated! I was just about to order that combo, too...
  13. hamsup1o

hamsup1o New Member

No problem...as you can see from Seidio's reply, he/she has cleared up the confusion and the new Q combo is made specifically for the Sprint Grey Q and Verizon Black Q. I have called them to reorder it. :)
  14. hamsup1o

hamsup1o New Member

Well I received my rubberized case/holster combo yesterday and just as I suspected, it does not fit. The tabs will not snap together on one side as it is made for the silver Q. I only "uncancel" my order because you said it will work with the grey/black Qs.

As of now, the link you provided for the combo above still doesn't have an option to select which Q you have. Yet the page for the rubberized case only does have that option.

I already emailed customer support about this. Hopefully I don't have to go through all that RMA process as that was the reason I canceled in the first place. Didn't want to deal with returns.

Just thought I let you guys know if you plan to order the combo. I'm pretty sure you'll get the right one if you order the case only as there is an option to select which Q you have.
  15. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

Right now all the combo for Q rubberized case come with only the new version of rubberized case that fits all Qs.

Sorry for the problem. If you can PM me your order #, I will make sure it is done quickly

Seidio
  16. hamsup1o

hamsup1o New Member

Thanks Seidio for the quick response. PM sent.
  17. hamsup1o

hamsup1o New Member

UPDATE: I received my replacement rubberized case from Seidio. However, it still does not fit. It is like the first one I received. When I snapped the case on one side, the other side will pop loose.

I called up Seidio regarding this. Apparently, they just found out there are 2 versions of the grey Sprint Q where one is 0.2 mm thicker than the other.

So anyone who is thinking of ordering this should hold off as they are working with their manufacturer on modifying the case. They told me to call back in a week or so.
  18. Zuck

Zuck New Member

Yup, especially if you're a pocket phone kinda person. I found this one out the hard way with my iPod. A screen protector should fix that problem just fine plus help snug the case up if it's a touch loose.
  19. evomac

evomac New Member

Out of curiosity has anyone found a clear case that perfectly fits the Black Q (I have the VZW version). I'd really prefer the case to cover the screen with it. I have been reading that their are a lot of problems with ebay cases and the Seidio cases not fitting properly.

If anyone could advise what case you are using with your Black VZW Q, I'd greatly appreciate it.
  20. Duality169

Duality169 New Member

While the Seidio doesn't cover the screen it certainly fits my black Verizon Q just fine. I am probably selling mine as once I had it I realized I don't really like the slick feel of a "crystal case", but in terms of fit it's great.