Another thread about unlocking

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by funesto, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

The information on the towers and the background on the two companies had only little to do with what was being said. Only because you have your head up so far in ATT's ass that you don't see that. Thank you for your correction and info but it doesn't change or disprove the fact that ATT is now number 1 (like you said) through a merger that went through without much resistence as the XM/Sirius deal. What is the conspiracy here anyway? Isn't it pretty much fact that corruption in government exist in the form of lobbyist and special interest groups.
  2. mexiken

mexiken New Member

If you had read up, then you would have stated that you were only referring to the XM/Sirius deal. At least, I would have. I would have disassociated myself with someones incorrect facts, but then, I guess thats just me.

I didn't shove anything down anyone's throats. I was merely correcting the poster about something he obviously didn't have facts about, and either made assumptions, or got the incorrect ones. They lend themselves nicely to conspiracies I admit yes, but they just aren't what happened I'm afraid, whether anyone likes it or not. I would rather someone know the FACTS than continue to spread incorrect ones. Education is rather key in that sense.

Call it what you want. It wasn't directed towards you anyway, but honestly, I could care less at this point.
  3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Care to tell it to the person who decided to call everyone a douchebag? I don't recall starting it or calling myself that or actually calling any names back.
  4. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I don't have to specify shit, if you are too dumb to keep up that's your problem and even that doesn't give you a right to say what you did. you can defend it all you want, it only goes to show that you were self reflecting in the comment.

You quote me and then say you guys are douchebags and it wasn't directed towards me? that is the dumbest thing I have heard, who forgot to get specific there? did you forget to read through? Maybe you should take your own advice and be specific.
  5. kilcher

kilcher New Member

Come on people.. let's all simmer down now. I don't want to have to call the

[​IMG]
  6. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

"The deal's closure comes one day after the Justice Department approved the transaction, and the same day the FCC signed off on the merger. Cingular had to divest itself of wireless customers and other assets in 13 U.S. markets in order to gain Justice Department approval for the merger. "

So they handed over assets in 13 markets, that's hardly cingular's entire network as you suggested.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

it was a generalized statement for the entire thread singling no one out....
  8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

You're right, sorry.

I am tired of [​IMG] so here is your kiss as I have done enough fighting in my life and don't want to be [​IMG] when we can just [​IMG] even if we are all mad and going crazy so join in [​IMG] and I am off to get some work done.
  9. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I never ONCE said they handed over their entire network, merely the one they shared through their agreement, and divested the others as mentioned in your article that you linked. Again, maybe you should go back and read my post.

You like to exaggerate so that your points seem more valid; its not the first time you've done it. You like arguing just for the sake of arguing, and despite the practice, you're just not very good at it I'm afraid. So like I said before, I'm not going to continue enabling you. I'm done with this thread. Good day :2cool:
  10. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

"Heres what happened: AT&T merged with Cingular. At the time, Verizon had about 40-something million customers. Both AT&T and Cingular had 20 something each, putting them slightly over Verizon's numbers after the merge. AT&T and Cingular had 2 different networks. Well call them gold and pink, respectively. The Gold network was upgraded to the tune of 5 Billion dollars, about 18 million dollars was spent on it, daily, on average. That was the original AT&T network, and now the current AT&T network everyone uses, the gold network. The Pink network was SHARED by Cingular and TMo in certain states through an agreement, and was REQUIRED by the FCC to be TRANSFERRED (divested basically) over to TMobile because their networks were so outdated as part of the merger. So Cingular transferred them (and was forced to sell its networks to TMobile in other markets as well where TMobile had no presence) and was left with only the Gold network, which was the old AT&T network. The FCC basically gave a joint network to TMobile just so they could stay competitive. "

Ok, you got me to reread your posts, happy now. Just as I thought, it was just as stupid as the first time. Gee, how did I miss what you meant to say instead of what you wrote. Anyone reading should have known what you meant by 'joint network'. But, I guess that stuff about the Gold=ATT and Pink=Cingular was misleading. If they were left with only the Gold, doesn't that mean all of the Pink was sold?

Did I exaggerate? Don't think I had to in this case. But, probably everyone does when trying to make a point.

Oh, I know I'm not very good at arguing. Must piss you off to be made a fool by a second rate debater like me. Don't worry tough, we all know you are the masterdebater. Run along now and go play by yourself.
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thread going no where....
    closed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.