Another neat app this one is for vm's

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by dragonfly, Apr 29, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Another neat app this one is for vm's

Not sure if someone else has already posted this yet i searched our section of the forums "the saga section" and didnt find it so figured id put it out there for people to check out if you havent already. Its pretty much a voice answering service for your cell phone as your greeting or you can make you own if you want, and you can check all your voicemails usually via email and the website. You can listen to all your voicemails and do much more with this app its pretty cool, my buddy turned me onto it today and i really enjoy it.

When someone calls me and I dont answer if that person is in my phone book it says "Hello (the persons name) (than my name (joe)) is not available please leave a message" if the person isnt in my phone book it says "Im sorry joe currently is unavailable please leave a message"

The site is called Youmail the address is www.youmail.com

You can also set it up so that when certain people call they get there own special gretting like "hey dude sorry cant answer the phone right now hit me back" for your buddies and than "hey mom/dad sorry im not here right now leave a message" or pretty much whatever you want to record. and it alerts you via email when you have new voicemails.

Sorry if i've wasted your time with this posting if someone else in another section of everything q has already posted this, but i think its pretty neat. If someone wants to see what it sounds like let me know and ill give you my number to call and you can see.
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

LMAO figures, my bad. oh well maybe someone with the saga that hasnt seen those threads will like it lol.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

oh good...somebody informed fly gently! five times gently! =)
  5. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Ha!...i was thinking the exact same thing..

Funny, Sherri
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Thanks, guys! I was nice about it, though, wasn't I??? Seriously...doesn't come easy for a girl originally from Brooklyn!:tounge:
  7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah no biggie its all good, i should learn to search the entire everythingq site, and not just the saga section like i have been. Considering I do have a saga and dont really care for the other phones lol.
  8. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

So its like that...we see, good luck getting help now, ha! :p

I do the same occasionally. Even tho is a Saga, its nice that is WM, and some of the solutions just might cross between the Q and Saga.
  9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah you know it wasnt meant like that Paracad you know i appreciate all the help i get :) just trying to fend for myself ;)
  10. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Ofcourse...I kid, I kid!!

:thumbup:
  11. Kingfish

Kingfish Member

I for one thank you for posting this. I only really check the Saga and Verizon forums...Getting my Saga 7/15/09 (NE2) and keep up with things Saga so I will be up to speed when I upgrade.

I just signed up (using Samsung Alias) and it is awesome. I am working on getting my contact list imported. I am using the "Backup Assistant" and have copied the screen into Excel and am in the process of reformatting into Outlook CSV format and will upload to YouMail as soon as I do.

Thanks Fly....Hmmm...Don't fish eat flys?
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Glad someone learned something from this posting, and you are going to love the saga its the best phone i've ever had.
    Yes unfortunately they do however we can fly away from you ;)
  13. Kingfish

Kingfish Member

Well, I had been wanting to get a Q9c but when they went unavailable and the Saga came out, I changed my mind pretty quick. I went to my local store and checked out the Q9c and I was constantly wanting to touch the screen to click on things. In this form factor a touch screen seems like a no brainer.
  14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah i mean i use the touch about 50% of the time depends what im doing for the most part. Plus not sure if you have heard about the mobile shell but its pretty neat if you wanna check it out its the spb mobile shell version 3.
  15. Kingfish

Kingfish Member

Oh yes, I have read every post in the Saga forum. It is kinda hard to visualize how apps are loaded and work without having the device in my hand but SPB v3 is high on my list.