Annoying quiet beeping

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by chirodoc, Jun 26, 2006.

1. dripple2002

dripple2002 New Member

How to get to Phone Setting

1) Go to start menu, choose setting; or go directly to the gear icon showing on top of the screen. The screen first shows A.Call Options, B.Sounds......
    2)Choose "G.more...", the screen will show A. Security, B.Remove Programs.....
    3)Choose "G.more..." again, the screen will display A.About, B Error Reporting...
    4)Choose "C.phone setting", from there you can see "B.Alerts"..

My Q has this quite beeping and I tried this turn off alert beeping, it still beep.... Now, I turn off "TMF tone setting" (which is also under phone setting), hopefully, it will work. I will let you know.
  2. zazoux

zazoux New Member

I think I found it

the sound that's annoying me is three descending tones, all in less than a second. It's not one of the standard alerts you can scroll through, but here is where I found it:
    - Start
    - Media Center (takes a moment)
    - choose C Audio
    - scroll down to Voiceprvcy.wav and select it - that's the one

- Go back to Start
    - Settings
    - A Call Options
    - Un-Select "Notify me when voice privacy is unavailable"

I just did it myself so I have to wait for confirmation, but I am pretty sure that was it.
  3. EVAN424

EVAN424 New Member

Mine did the same thing and I think I figured it out. Right after I got the phone, I installed the software that Verizon give you for Wireless Sync (not active sync). I set up an email acct that it was monitoring, and every time it looked for email it beeped. It never showed on the screen what it was beeping for, and it didnt neccessarily retrieve any mail, it just signaled a send/recieve action. I deleted the email acct from the Q, and it no longer beeps. Dont know if this works for you?:2cool:
  4. sdiddy

sdiddy New Member

same problem here....cant figure it out please help!

not service tone or bluetooth pairing as far as i can tell either
  5. lulu

lulu New Member

I've also noticed the beeps at what seems like random times. What I've figured out so far is that I've left I-net explorer, email or text messages open and it beeps to remind me. The only way that I've figured how to stop it is to go to the Task Manager and select "Kill all". Kind of a lengthy process to get it to stop but I hope it helps.

Lulu
  6. joshonki

joshonki New Member

Any progress on the random voice privacy beeping issue? I have all of my tones/alerts/etc turned off, and yes I have unchecked the voice privacy box. When the phone is silent or on vibrate it doesn't beep, but on normal mode it beeps randomly and annoyingly.

Nothing like thinking you missed a call/text/something and then remembering it's your phone telling you you don't have voice privacy, even though you turned that feature off.

-Josh
  7. Pneuma

Pneuma New Member

I get just a single tone beep randomly...very rare

SprintQ
  8. d0c

d0c New Member

I've had My Q9m for just over a week, haven't even set up my email yet, but have inherited the mystery beeping problem discussed here! I've tried the various`suggestions in this thread, but to no avail. Currently pondering a reset, but would rather not visit that option until I really screw things up. So I guess it will be a race between my tolerance vs. my tinkering unless anybody has stumbled across the magic pill for this annoyance.
  9. d0c

d0c New Member

Just as mysteriously & without any explanation as when it started, it so to has now disappeared!
  10. JayChadney

JayChadney New Member

I get a single beep. As the others above, all my setting are OFF. Has anyone found a definite solution?
  11. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

This is an old thread...explain the beeping issue again...your exactly
  12. JayChadney

JayChadney New Member

Sometimes, it is every 15 minutes, other times, it doesn't follow that pattern. I get a small "beep" from my phone. I have email set to manual check only, all the alerts for low signal, etc are all set to OFF.
  13. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

sounds like an unread message alert. on my q1 it is a seperate menu under settings>unread message alert
    sent from Q
  14. jackriley1234

jackriley1234 New Member

I just went through most of the sounds in media center, and the noise everyone is describing is two different files, so thats two different alerts that sound exactly the same. one is if you have any unread messages sitting around (txt, email) and the other is the voice privacy alert, I've been having the same problems (only during the day not at night which makes sense as I clear my inbox every night) and I'll update tomorrow if I get the sounds... heres to hoping...
  15. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Isn't that sort of a oxymoron; quiet beeping?
  16. jackriley1234

jackriley1234 New Member

no, your thinking about silent beeping, quiet beeping is a good way to describe it, it beeps quietly three tones in descending order and takes about half a second to play.
  17. Kimberly Dutil

Kimberly Dutil New Member

dri
    I've done this and all alert are set for off. I'm still hearing the annoying beep about every half hour. Any further ideas?