Annoyances with Ozone....or is it Verizon thats the problem?

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by h3rmanmunst3r, Dec 16, 2009.

1. h3rmanmunst3r

h3rmanmunst3r New Member

Annoyances with Ozone....or is it Verizon thats the problem?

Ok at first I loved the phone. Its very easy to use, has a fast processor and I can put music and media on there via MicroSD card (i bought 4gig off ebay for $10)

Now on to the things that have been bugging me.

1. If you want to send a message to multiple people there is no way to select them all at once....if have to hit Menu> Add Recipient > click contact....and repeat until you have put all contacts you want to send message to.

2. On top of that you cant send a message to more than 10 recipients at once....this is freakin ridiculous and makes no sense.

to make it worse once you send a message it seperates all the different contacts in the MSG folder....meaning you have to repeat step 1 again if you want to send another message to the same recipients.

3. Finally, the one that pissed me off more than anything and which just now happened and is why I made this post in the first place. There is no way to add a contact to a Txt msg!! Are you********** serious...that is *******....you have to either know the number or go to contact>edit>copy the number all before you start the txt msg.

if anyone has any solutions to these problems please help....or is it just that verizon put limitations on this phone (which they do a lot)

sorry if i sound angry...but these types of things should not happen on a phone like this....if i keep finding more problems like this im going to switch to an EnV touch or something
  2. nukethis

nukethis Member

Wow.. I got a nice 8 gig sd card for only 13 dollars on ebay...

See if this works for you...

SMS Chat
  3. h3rmanmunst3r

h3rmanmunst3r New Member

SD is cheaper than MicroSD....and why would i want a program thats 2 1/2 years old....and it says its for WM5...it would prob still work but looks a little outdated. Also i didnt want to necessarily add anything to my phone (which i might have to do anyways) I just want to know why a phone like this would lack those features in the first place...i think this phone was rushed into production....every once in a while when I get a msg I get an error report...all i have to do is hit end and it goes away and I can read msg but still annoying.

Also right after I got the phone I had the same problem someone else here had. I couldn't end calls....if i hit the button it would do nothing....i had to hold button until screen came up and asked if i wanted to turn off/lock phone/or go to task manager etc....once I turned off and back on everything was fine though.
  4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

My Q9c adds contacts to texts just fine.

There is a thread here on the 10 recipient limit. Seems to be a limit in WM.

It is possible that your Ozone is defective.
  5. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

1. If you starting typing in the TO: field in the text msg it will start to auto-populate. select the name from the list it gives you and hit enter. it will add a semi-colon automatically at the end of the name. Start typing next name.

2. this is fixable through a registry hack. i don't have it done on my phone so I can't tell you extactly what it is, but it is over at XDA (not in the maple forums though)

2.5 That is how threaded txt works - not just on the Ozone. If you prefer you can switch to classic view

3. In the body of the text, select MENU (right soft key), go to INSERT. Select vCARD. it will bring up your contact list.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

@h3rmanmunst3r
    i understand your frustration but lets try not to use that kind of language please