Android OS Vs WP 7-Which is best for you?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Jameswp7, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Jameswp7

Jameswp7 New Member

Well Android is most popular OS now and it's really making great progress in market despite of some drawbacks! Teens like me crazy about Android OS based phone because of some amazing features and apps which give complete freedom. Now old leader Microsoft came out with their new OS Windows Phone 7 OS which looks good but can it compete with Android OS?

Do you think WP7 phones will compete with Android Smartphones?
  2. Aximtreo

Aximtreo Member

Having used both, I personally prefer the WP7 OS. Will they compete; I don't know. I think that each has it's place. I had the Droid 1, the Droid X and now the focus. I like the phone and the OS of WP7 better overall. Many reasons but the number one reason is simplicity.
  3. windowscurious

windowscurious New Member

I'm someone who has owned iPhones and Android devices, I'm currently using a Droid X. My problem with Android is that while it's very functional it's just flat out ugly and cumbersome. I just cannot warm up to their phones. The techdork side of me acknowledges how cool it is that Android is so customizable but the human being finds this OS an ugly mess. I picked up a Focus the other day for the first time and I absolutely fell in love. So elegant, so smooth. I haven't been this impressed by an OS since the first iPhone. With the right device and marketing, I do think Windows can compete with either Android or iOS.
  4. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

I'm someone who loves to tinker and customize, I build my own computers and I hate having limitations, yet I still prefer WP7 against all the competition. The interface is just a thing of beauty and fluidity, I love it, and know that it is only getting better!
  5. Thomas Claus

Thomas Claus New Member

We are developing for windows phone 7, Android and Iphone. All OS´es are fine. But on WP7 i like the clearness. Simple to use and focus to the right things.

I prefer WP7, my coder prefer Android. I hope WP7 is growing fast, was the right decision to begin from zero and don´t look to much on other devices (I think Android is to much influenced from ios, WP7 has its own face ;) )
  6. Starfire

Starfire New Member

Android has an iOS feel to it, which is OK, I use an iPhone 4 but I've always hated the lagginess of android, and I'm tired of seeing a bunch of apps lined up like a cluttered desktop. WP7 looks different, is soooo smooth and just feels right, not sure how to explain it. I would like a bit more customization in ringtones and tiles but I imagine that will be down the road.