...and so it begings! [Mango]

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by jaysonben, Sep 27, 2011.

1. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

That trick worked just fine for me on my Focus. Although, I used the method on wpcentral, which is to disconnect the computer (doesn't matter what you do with the phone) right after clicking "update" in Zune. It worked perfectly, I got the first minor update, then had to do it again to trigger the next two (not sure why there were three updates...). I am now rocking on Mango, baby.
  2. jtzako

jtzako New Member

Does the phones Data/wifi have to be off to do this? If I click that update link and shut the PC wireless off the thing still figures out my phone is up to date.
  3. RobR

RobR Member

No you don't need to turn off the phones Data\WiFi. I struggled with it at first with my laptop on wireless because I couldn't disconnect from the network fast enough. I disabled my wireless and plugged in direct with cable and tried it again, didn't even bother waiting the two seconds I just clicked update and unplugged the cable from my laptop. Took a bit after that while it did its check and it came back update available.
  4. GazH

GazH New Member

Hi,
    Managed to get mine to work tonight.
    At first I went into the settings->update and it said I was up to date...(7392)
    So, I thought I'd shut down any processes Zune is using and try from scratch.
    So i went to task manager and shut down the 2 services with Zune... in the title.
    Then opened Zune up again and plugged in my phone.. now the FIRST time I went into the setting->update I disconnected my ethernet cable, and it just sat there for ages...
    Eventually (after the "searching for updates" didn't disappear) I plugged my cable back...bingo, it said there was an update available... Now have Mango..

HTH

Gaz
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Got my wife's Focus updated the normal way. No luck for my Focus though. Can't get the trick to work either.
  6. Alasdair Lewis Crow

Alasdair Lewis Crow New Member

My phone has gotten stuck on 7.0.7403 and now it doesn't work properly - I can't even restore it as Zune just keeps showing "Searching for update"!