And now for something completely different...

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by CodeGuy, Jul 15, 2006.

1. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

And now for something completely different...

For those who are a fan of the Scuba Suits / Gloves / Whatever... check out EBay, as there are a number these for sale:

eBay: Motorola Stingray Q Black Holster Case Moto Q (item 230008481074 end time Jul-16-06 15:15:21 PDT)

I just recieved mine, and I can say they fit great, add very little thickness to the Q, and are my current favorite. Well, until this comes in:

Motorola Q Glove Fit Leather Smartphone Case

Which, by the way, DOES accomodate the extended battery. They put two little slits with elastic on either side of the belt clip so you can run with the battery style of your choice. <grin>

You can also get this bad boy with no clip, swivel clip, ratchet clip, stationary clip, multiple color choices, and your name embossed on the back. It's my bag baybeeee... yaaaa...

Just one note about these type cases. If you have a Best Skins Ever, or Invisible Shield on your MotoQ, you will want to remove the screen part. I left mine on and noticed in short order that the vinyl covering of the case what adhearing -very- tightly to my Best Skins Ever screen protector. So, I just pulled the screen bit off and all is well. I figured out of all the BSE parts, the screen bit was most easily replaced with a normal screen protector anyway. I suspect had I not noticed this pretty quickly, the two bits may have gotten stuck together a lot stronger than I would have liked.

Grego
  2. thegbees

thegbees New Member

The stingray looks great, but I don't totally get why it doesn't cover the corners of the Q. Either way, more importantly does the stingray case fit with the extended battery?

thanks
  3. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

I seriously doubt the stingray would work with the extended battery. The other case I listed however, will work with either one.

A quick sidenote on the Stingray case. First let me say I really like the case. Everything fits just like it is supposed to.

HOWEVER ... The little button that snaps on the back tends to sit at an angle, and dig into the back of the Q. I still had my Best Skins Ever on, so no damage done. But you will need to take a bit of material ( I used some craft foam I had around the house ), cut a small pad to go over the inside of the case where the button attaches, and super glue it into place. Just wanted to warn, as this would have scratched the case if I hadn't had my BSE. With that one small mod made, it really is a great little case.
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

LOVE the second case you posted. I case my phone in my purse and like have a bright color (the red is beautiful) case so that I can find my phone. PLUS you don't have to have a clip- which is also a bonus in the purse! Can't wait to get one!
  5. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

Thought I would post a quick update. I finally broke down and purchased the extended battery because, well... I was feeling kinda un-hip not having one. But at any rate, I tried the extended battery with the above mentioned scuba suit type case, and much to my suprise, it -does- work. It is a snug fit, not tight. I am probably going to do one minor mod to the case of cutting a little hole for the D-Pad to poke out through. But anyway, for those who wanted a case to work with the extended battery, this one will work. Like I said, a wee bit snug, but I think once I nip a hole out for the d-pad, it will be just great.
  6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Just a heads up for anyone interested. I emailed the folks at Fortte and they are going to create a "book style" cover for the Q.- That means it has a flip cover but it opens horizontally instead of vertically. PErsonally I like this better when I am talking on the phone.
    Just wanted to let yall know!
    Here is a link for their current covers and like CodeGuy said they have tons of colors, clip options and personalization! Moto Q cases at Fortee.
  7. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean like this? :happy:
    [​IMG]

Smartphone Experts Book Case for Moto Q
  8. tngirl

tngirl New Member

EXACTLY, except I wanted it in Red.... I just found one I liked on EBay though and started a new thread...