An Extensive Breakdown of the Motorola Q11

Discussion in 'Moto Q 11' started by ProtoJMB, Oct 9, 2008.

1. sherri

sherri Active Member

As of this afternoon, it was still a "dummy" model...
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Boooo... I guess I have to wait then. Thanks sherri :smile:.

Update:
    So I went to a T-mo store today to check out the G1... IMO, without going into too much detail, it's garbage... feels cheap and looks like a toy. UI wasn't mind blowing like I though it would be. If people are going to label something an iPhone killer, they better come with more than a name, even if it's named after the almighty google. I think there was too much hype on this thing. I'm sticking with my Q, thank you very much.
  3. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I must confess I did the same. There's a T-Mobile store next to my favorite chinese place so I stopped in and had a look at this G-phone.

I have to agree it did feel cheap and while I like Gmail and Google Talk and all that jazz I am really gonna stick with Windows Mobile.

from just 5 minutes of playing with this thing I guess my conclusion is that if you are a HUGE fa of google crap like Gmail,mm Gtalk, google maps etc...then this thing might be your thing. Frankly I wasn't really impressed.

I really don't want to come off as a fanboy but I think Windows Mobile is still the most customizable OS out there. You can tweak any aspect of it with enough persistance and knowledge of the registry. I for one am hooked on Windows Mobile and don't plan on switching anytime soon.
  4. Skv012a

Skv012a New Member

As ugly as Q9 really, so...

As far as Q vs G phone- its Q vs HTC crap that half the population adores and the other half hates. I for one like my devices to allow rather than require modding prior to fully-functional use. I also enjoy battery life unlike quite a bit of people.

I will agree that Q11 is probably a miss, I don't have much faith in moto making a better smartphone than Q9 for quite some time. They've been screwing up with regular ones lately let alone fancy units.

They do get it right eventually, so I'd say we wait.
  5. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

One of my friends is looking to get a new phone for his AT&T account, since his contract is coming up, and wanted a phone with a keyboard. I recommended this phone to him since it was fairly inexpensive and since it has WiFi he wouldn't need a data plan. He is seriously looking at getting it.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont even think its confirmed to be headed to the US....has it?
  7. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Oh lol IDK. Guess I assumed it was.
  8. BMWPower06

BMWPower06 New Member

When is this coming out!! I need a new phone!!
  9. n99hockey

right now i believe its only out in brazil
    no word if its coming to the US...and if it did it would only be on att as its a gsm phone
  10. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

On the front page of the site one of Chris's posts says it will be here in December.
  11. BMWPower06

BMWPower06 New Member

on moto's website it says december and thats about it... Why wouldnt this come to verizon?
  12. n99hockey

as of right now its a GSM based phone and verizon is a CDMA carrier
  13. BMWPower06

BMWPower06 New Member

Wow forget this. I need a new phone, my original Q is on it's last leg, I'm just going to pick up the BlackBerry Storm this friday... Sorry Motorola I love the Q, but u guys are taking forever with it :(
  14. n99hockey

why not the Q9c?
  15. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Everybody loves a touchscreen...
  16. BMWPower06

BMWPower06 New Member

Q9 just seems like a slight evolution of the moto Q black, it doesnt seem like a total redesign like the Q11 does. Also the Q11 will likely retail for around the same price as the BB Storm or maybe a little less, yet the BB Storm offers so much more.

I will miss all the neat features that the Q has...:( IE: the camera flash that you can use as a flash light, customizable ringtones for every tone, etc
  17. n99hockey

you think the Q11 is a complete redesign of the Q9?
    they are practically the same phone

the Q9 is a more of a complete redesign of the Q than the Q11 of the Q9
  18. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I agree. The shape and keyboard most noticeably.
  19. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Umm...wrong forum bud...wrong website maybe?
  20. George Knighton

George Knighton New Member

It doesn't matter to him as long as he gets you to register a click through.