Am I the only one left who can't?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by benjamin77, Jun 11, 2008.

1. benjamin77

benjamin77 New Member

Am I the only one left who can't?

Am I the only one who can't get youtube to work? So I have tried to download these files needed to get youtube working like four seperate times now both onto my device and then on my S.C. I download the specific files, power down the phone, go as far as to take the battery out just to be on the safe side. I make sure Im on the desktop version of you tube and every time i GET A MESSGE saying Unexpected program failure. Please send "crash.txt" to...(the little spinning circle box covers the name of where iT says I need to send it) Program will now exit (but never does.). I have master reset my phone like twice making sure there are no signs of the files left on my phone before i redownload it. make sure its .cab files.. done friggin everything like the instructions say and still the same message! It won't even let me open the Tcpmp icon on my phone without this message poping up. Can i please maybe get some advice from someone? Otherwise I think im just gonna give up. Thanks!
  2. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

I can understand how you feel... I can try and help you. Only thing is that it's hard to help you by writing back and forth on the board. I have the AT&T Q9h model running WM 6.0. And I installed Coreplayer (basically the same thing as TCPMP) and YouTube plays perfectly well on it.

Do you have some kind of IM? Maybe we can chat on IM so that you're doing step by step as I tell you how on IM? I'm usually on IM during the day while at work, 9-5pm Pacific Time. If that works for you, send me a PM with your IM and I'll send you mine, and you can hit me up on it when you have time.

~maria
  3. CarNutInAZ

CarNutInAZ New Member

I was having the VERY same problem as you. I got the crash.txt error, etc, etc, etc. Here is how I fixed the problem... The first time I installed the files it did not work. I got youtube working with TCPMP player using the following steps....

1) First I installed SKtools Lite (Free).

2) I opened the "Remove programs" feature inside SKtools Lite (Not the windows remove)

3) Using Sktools Lite I UNINSTALLED the 3 necessary files. (TCPMP, the flashbundle, and aac audio codec). It's important to use SKtools because the built-in add/remove program does not properly remove the files.

4) Power down / restart phone

5) Then I RE-INSTALLED all 3 necessary .cab files (TCPMP, flash video bundle, aac audio codec). **Note you must install all 3 .cab files on the same storage chip for player to work. (phone or sd card). Also note that I installed ALL my programs on my 8gig sd card except for TCPMP, flash video, and audio codec. For some reason I could not get this to work when installed on my SD card. I suggest you install these 3 files on your phone, not SD card.

6) Power down / Restart phone

7) Open up TCPMP player. Got to Options > Settings > File associations. Make sure that Http protocol, MMS protocol, and Flash video are all selected with check marks. (It will not work otherwise)

8) Close TCPMP

9) Power down / restart phone.

10) Youtube should be working for you now.

*** Note. Also, if you are using windows 6.1, you need to make sure you are using the correct version of TCPMP player. If you are using a TCPMP version designed for older versions of windows, it will not work.

Hope this helps you... let me know.

- Jason
  4. benjamin77

benjamin77 New Member

Thank you so much for your help Jason. It works perfect!!!
  5. CarNutInAZ

CarNutInAZ New Member

Awesome!

I am glad I was finally able to help someone on here. I have had my Q9c less than a month and so far so many people have helped me in the community. Glad I could give something back.

- Jason
  6. edwardjackie

edwardjackie New Member

mine still wnt wrk

when i install ed the player youtube works for a sec
    the says
    RTSP protocol not supported
    can nyone help me?
  7. benjamin77

benjamin77 New Member

Is everything checked off thats supposed to be in your player settings?

All I can tell you is that I followed the above instructions to the T. Made sure I had the correct programs and it worked.
  8. sniffs

sniffs New Member

I dont understand why people are having so many issues.

I use 1 of 2 programs on my Q to view youtube videos..

one is just use Opera and go to m.youtube.com, I've yet to find any issues.. opens Media player and plays them fine.

The other is KinomaPlay which allows you to search/view the videos from directly within Kinoma.. it's GREAT software and I think im going to buy it!
  9. j_hoff_05

j_hoff_05 New Member

you dont have to d/l all those tmpp files and what not to watch youtube

i used opera, not oprea mini but opera and i would get into youtube mobile
    then what i would do was find my video and then get into it and click watch

it would then pull it up in windows meda player
  10. thestutes

thestutes New Member

QH

I have the Qh. Will this still work? And where can I find the SKtools Lite?

11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

SKTools Lite... :smile: