Alternative way to put mp3 on my HTC HD7 without using Zune ??

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Htet Naing Lynn, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

This is driving me crazy. Zune keeps showing error message whenever I turn it on. I tried sending the error message to MS by clicking "send error" button. Still the problem persist and it doesn't make any difference. I wanna put some music onto my fone but it appears that without Zune there's no way that I could do it. When I plug in my phone to my pc, it is not showing an external drive letter. Is there any suggestion to overcome this problem ?? Thanks.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Did you try my suggestion in your other post about installing Windows Installer 4.5 and re-installing Zune software?

From your other post, I know you have XP SP3, but this article: Copy files to a Windows Phone 7 device in Windows Explorer, are instructions for Vista and W7. I havne't tried it, but maybe you can make it work.
  3. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

I have and after that I couldn't even install Zune back. It stops saying checking for updates ( i left it for 24 hours to check the updates but it's still checking for updates so I assume that it's hanged). I seriously not planning to buy a new PC nor purchase a new OS (Windows 7 or Vista) just for the sake of transferring files onto my phone. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks u all.
  4. jrbloom2

jrbloom2 New Member

5. sean reynolds

sean reynolds New Member

i had a similar issure with zune a while back... but dont be discouraged, its worse with itunes and android... i called in to tech support and they ran me through a whole heep of trial and error. nothing worked. i think it was an issue with 32 bit vs 64 bit downloads... i am running 64 bit and i tried downloading 64 bit , but it wasnt working properly... completely remove zune software, make sure windows is up to date, disk cleanup, restart, reinstall... after that, it worked flawlessly... although you should be able to use windows media player to sync as well, but when tyou get zune working, you will fall in love with th UI