Almost fooled, 4G microSDHC works fine in Q9h

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by BoneHead, Dec 6, 2007.

1. BoneHead

BoneHead New Member

Almost fooled, 4G microSDHC works fine in Q9h

I just picked up a SanDisk 4GB microSDHC at Staples for $54. I popped it right in the Q9h (AT&T) and went to memory manager. It said 3.79GB storage, 0 used. I then formatted it on the Q. All still OK (took only 5 seconds). I tried the storage card program and it said "ERROR, no card detected". Not to worry. I just copied some music files to it using file manager and all works well. I never even used my PC at all with the card. I'm loading it up now on my PC with a bunch of MP3's using the included USB reader and SD card adapter.

The card from SanDisk says "For microSDHC and SDHC devices only" on the package. But it works real well and music is stable playing from WM player. I hope this helps you all as the doubt had me for awhile.

Oh, by the way, my first computer had 4k of ram, no drives and 16 swithes on the front panel to deposit double byte binary words to program it. One like it is in the Smithsonian (really, an Altair). I'm an old hack!
  2. ibcop

ibcop New Member

The Q9H will support up to 32GB microSDHC cards, although I haven't seen anything higher than a 6gb card. I think the 8gb cards are on the horizon, though. I'm using a SanDisk 6gb microSDHC card with no problems - picked it up off eBay for 60 something bucks.
  3. tool2269

tool2269 New Member

4. quser_611

quser_611 New Member

5. bcfolk

bcfolk New Member

Moto Q9h microSD compatibility follow-up / please help

So I just received the Kingston 4GB SDHC and tried it; the Q9h says, "NO CARD FOUND"

This after multiple users' assurances (here and elsewhere) that it does work...

I've now reformatted the card in the Q9h.

Under File Manager, it still says "Storage Card Not Found."

Under Memory Manager, it shows "Card Storage: 3.74 GB"

The damn thing still does not work, and nobody from Kingston or Moto or AT&T can explain / solve.

Please help -- thank you.
  6. quser_611

quser_611 New Member

Looking at the top quote again "working" means different things to different people. He said that he was able to play MP3 files that he copied over to the SD card by removing it from the phone and moving the files over using a SD reader. This sounds similar to a problem I had with a Kingston 2Gb Micro SD and a Motorola Ming. The phone could read the card just not write to it. I sent the Kingston Back and got a SanDisk and the SanDisk worked. I'm not sure that the q9h completely supports SDHC so you may have better luck with a 2Gb non-SDHC card. You might also try a SanDisk instead and see if that works.
  7. BoneHead

BoneHead New Member

You might try formatting and then putting some files on the card using your PC. Move the card over to the MotoQ9h and see what file manager says. I've seen weirder things work. My card is fully functional with all phone apps. Have ot had a single problem with the Sandisk 4gb SDHC card.