Alltel Q9c to VZW Q9c WM 6.1...info pls

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by MrWhite, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Dylan04

Dylan04 New Member

yea there is a thread on geting it back just search 6.0 downdrage and look around..from what iv heard u get a nicer looking homescreen and layout...the calling id show the state and thats all i really know thats diffrent..i personaly would take this risk
  2. Razzul

Razzul New Member

I've searched but want to make sure I get the right 6.1 file...

could someone please point me in the right direction to where the Verizon 6.1 file is? Is it the original 6.1 or kitchen variety? Some instructions would be nice too. I can find RSD Lite. I'd like to put Verizon 6.1 on my phone soon. Thanks!
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

please search the site
    i have posted this info many times and as recent as this week and last weeK

-Sent from my Q9n
  4. Razzul

Razzul New Member

[Quote/] 4. Applied the Verizon 6.1 ROM in about 5 minutes and without any tweaks I was able to do everything I could previously with the exception of two things:

• a. Ability to send MMS messages. (Not to concerned about that!)
    • b. Speeddial to voicemail uses Verizons # not Alltels.
    To change the Speed dial for the Voicemail just navigate to Setting | Phone | Call Options and update the Voice mail number to your telephone number.

Other than that and having the Verizon Flash Screen come up when I start and switch off the phone everything is great.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Craig[/quote]

Craig, I finally found a rom update from MotoModding. It was a 6.1 Verizon Monster flash and there were also links to the Alltel ones should I wish to revert back. Smooth sailing with RSD Lite 4.2 and about 5 minutes as well.

I dialed *611 chose option 3 and then option 2. Can make and receive phone calls.

I already added my favorite hacks.

BUT I can't get data to work. I tried HW Virtual Serial Port and QPST. It would appear to write the data, but didn't.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  5. itz poly

itz poly New Member

Im on Alltel also, and I want to upgrade to the VZW 6.1 also but would there be anyway to dump an Alltel start up logo and replace it with the VZ one inside the rom?
  6. n99hockey

if you install the vzw rom the you would get the vzw startup

-Sent from my Q9n
  7. sastone75

sastone75 New Member

I have one alltel Q9c with 6.1 and one with 6.0 and believe me if I knew how I would love to dump it out there to be able to have it on both phones. SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND A GUIDE and I'll be glad to do it and post it for all. lol
  8. n99hockey

there already is
    search for dumping Q9c rom
  9. Razzul

Razzul New Member

It would be much appreciated if you could dump that rom. I really would like to have picture messaging and don't want to have to choose between it and 6.1.

In the meantime is there anyway, you can go to your MMS settings and see what they are? You go into your MMS program like you're going to send a message. Click on menu and there is MMS Settings at very bottom. You can EDIT (which will let you view) the one you have for Alltel. Please tell me what it says those setting are. Thanks!
  10. ihartmacz

ihartmacz New Member

I'm pretty confused. The box for my Q9c explicitly says Windows Mobile 6.1 but has pictures of phones running 6.0 and to kick it all off, the phone I got has WM 6.0 on it.

Here's a pic I took with my Q, you can see how it says "Windows Mobile 6.1"

[​IMG]
  11. rroddy24

rroddy24 New Member

12. ihartmacz

ihartmacz New Member

Any progress?
  13. n99hockey

yea it was already done in another alltel thread
  14. pellet

pellet New Member

Hello

Hi Everyone - it's my first post here so hopefully it is helpful. I was able to locate the Alltel 6.1 ROM, but it is in .raw file format... I am not sure how to convert it and dump it onto my phone, but I am working on it.

For some reason, RDS Lite doesn't "see" my phone when I click on Show Device... I have the VZW ROM, but since RDS Lite doesn't see my Q9C for some reason, I don't want to attempt the flash. I have the latest Motorola Drivers installed but still no dice.
  15. sastone75

sastone75 New Member

You know I had the same problem when I tried to use that program. Someone told be it was because it is a smart phone and I'd have to use activesync to do what I needed.

I see why that won't work in your case because you've got to actually flash your phone with a different ROM. Have you tried Motorola PST Phone Programmer Software. (AKA PST). It might not work either but it is worth a shot. You can find more information on Mark Venture's site (http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_Software.htm) Anyway it's just a suggestion I have no clue if that will work since it is smartphone.
  16. scanlonman

scanlonman New Member

Craig, I finally found a rom update from MotoModding. It was a 6.1 Verizon Monster flash and there were also links to the Alltel ones should I wish to revert back. Smooth sailing with RSD Lite 4.2 and about 5 minutes as well.

I dialed *611 chose option 3 and then option 2. Can make and receive phone calls.

I already added my favorite hacks.

BUT I can't get data to work. I tried HW Virtual Serial Port and QPST. It would appear to write the data, but didn't.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you![/QUOTE]

I am also experiencing this issue