Alltel Q9c on Cellular South

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by jaskyleg, Jun 19, 2011.

1. jaskyleg

jaskyleg New Member

Hello I am new to this forum. I'd like to say thank you to everyone on this site that has helped me countless times in the past. This site is full of knowledge that I never knew existed before. I finally signed up just to ask this simple question and maybe get pointed in the right direction:

I am using my old Alltel Moto Q9c, I successfully connected it to Cellular South's network. I can send/receive calls and texts just fine. The problem I have is that it won't connect to the internet. I guess what I'm wondering is ... Do I need to flash my phone just to get the internet working (I'm paying for the unlimited data plan) or do I just need to change some settings in the phone to make it all work?

From the last week or so of Googling and forum searches, I have downloaded RSD CDMA General and Lite versions. I read that I would need them to flash the phone, but I'm still not sure which flash file to use. I have found a "generic monster" but nothing for a "Cellular South monster". Any help would be appreciated
  2. jaskyleg

jaskyleg New Member

From doing more reading..... I think I understand correctly that if I flash with the "generic" one, all I have to do is just dial *228 and it will program everything for me. Can someone tell me if this is correct?