Alltel-i got 6.1 from alltel

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by dman45, Dec 30, 2008.

1. crikev2

crikev2 New Member

this is not a link for 6.1 it is just the same software update that has been there for months it is just what allows the phone to download other minor updates that you will never notice. when you go to the HTC phones on the alltel link it says this ROM includes 6.1 etc...

So we know how to extract the ROM but do not know how to use it afterwards. I really do not want to flash to verizon, but it looks like I may have to take the plunge.
  2. SlamerC

SlamerC New Member

Would have loved it if you had Resco Registry and went to HKLM\Software|Motorola\MMS and Exported the MMS file from your Alltel 6.1
    It Will go to your My Document File where you could take it off with Active Sync
    and Post it Would love to see if this would allow us to use MMS on our 6.1
  3. schultzy93

schultzy93 New Member

it was a verizion 6.1 but you walk me through it and id be happy to help
  4. SlamerC

SlamerC New Member

Looking for the registry files from an alltel 6.1 I can take my alltel phone back to 6.0 and MMS but I Like 6.1 and the sms and sliding windows
  5. schultzy93

schultzy93 New Member

i dont have a alltel 6.1
    but yes i would agree about the sliding panels and menu's
    the threaded txting makes life much easier
  6. SlamerC

SlamerC New Member

ya I started out with An Alltel Q and couldn't MMS with it then My Q got a drink Spilled on it thank god for Insurance. Paid 95 bucks and got a Q9c had MMS for a week before deciding to flash the rom up to Verizons 6.1
    Just hear someone in this thread has 6.1 from Alltel and was trying to take the rom from his phone but I have no Idea what to do with a raw file lol
  7. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

I just got a replacement phone from Alltel with 6.1
    About to crash right now, but will upload the registry file sometime tommorrow....(well when I wake up later today)
  8. crikev2

crikev2 New Member

after an email and a phone call to advanced tech support I was told that alltel will not be releasing the update to WM 6.1 the only way to get it would be to get a new phone, and was told to go to the store and get them to switch out my phone for a new one, well needless to say this did not go well I was told they would not do that but I could do an insurance claim and pay the 95 dollars and get maybe a new phone. So I called tech support again to complain and was told that they would not send me a new phone either.

When I asked the customer service rep at the store about the commnet/atlantic tele network buyout in my area, they did not want to talk about it and they moved quickly on to another subject.

Really getting fed up with divested alltel wish I could get out of my contracts and switch to vzw. i really wish my phone would crash so I could get a warranty replacement.
  9. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Start flashing it and unplug it 1/2 way thought.. It will be toast.
    Just tell them you don't know what happened.
  10. Angel92403

Angel92403 New Member

Or you can go up there and say your screen keeps blacking out and freezing and they'll switch it out. That's what I do when my screen gets all scratched up and I have gotten 3.. :)
  11. crikev2

crikev2 New Member

well i got 6.1 today through xbm, it took many calls to tech support and finally had to go to a noncorporate store with my problems, and they made it happen for me.