Alltel-i got 6.1 from alltel

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by dman45, Dec 30, 2008.

1. madennis12

madennis12 New Member

Nevermind...I think 6.1 is for Q9c and I just have Q...anyone know if they have upgrades for it...don't think they do.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no no no no no
  3. JHoleskibum

JHoleskibum New Member

Has anyone flashed to 6.1 on an alltel q9c using vista? I hear that there are some specific issues involved but I can't find them and don't want to brick my phone
  4. mcniglet

mcniglet New Member

I assume you mean using the verizon monster? If so yes i flashed using it using server 2008 64bit. same as vista 64 bit. I had no problems
  5. denmarq30

denmarq30 New Member

I flashed mine with the Verizon monster file and also the USCC monster file from both Vista 32bit and 64bit with no problems whatsoever. :2cool:
  6. Generalg

Generalg New Member

If I did the 6.1 upgrade to VZW and say I didn't like it or for what ever reason, could I downgrade back to 6.0 standard alltel software?
  7. denmarq30

denmarq30 New Member

Yes. There is an Alltel Q9c monster file floating around. You would just follow the same process to go back.
  8. wingsnut25

wingsnut25 New Member

<p>I traded in my q for the q9c today. The one I got definitley has windows mobile 6.1. It says 6.1 when you first turn it on and it has threaded text messaging. I will try to get some pictures but I am not back at home until Monday.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>On a side note the phone just came in on wednesday. I was at the shop last saturday and they did not have any Q9c's and they told me to come back next week. </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Posted from my Q</p>
  9. pezdude1000101

pezdude1000101 New Member

...actually 6.1 could be with the software updater...i have re-flashed my fone with the same program...it usually includes the base software for the phone....and everything I have found points to MSU.
  10. novemberzac

novemberzac New Member

i have a q9c and have done the motorola update from alltel, it is not 6.1 but the guys from the local store told me it was i've tried and tried because according to alltel there is a 6.1 update and the new ones do have 6.1
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there is no upgrade file available
    for some reason a few new have it...if you want 6.1 you need to use the verizon file

-Sent from my Q9n
  12. novemberzac

novemberzac New Member

yeah, i noticed that i've tried talking to alltel about it but they could careless they're probably tired of hearing about the problem
  13. wingsnut25

wingsnut25 New Member

If someone wanted to help me get the rom from my phone, I would gladly post it. I found the program that would pull it, and then it looked like I needed a program to rebuild it also. I really didn't have the time to mess with it a few weeks ago....
  14. novemberzac

novemberzac New Member

i don't to much about the 6.1 and how to work it but if you post the rom that you have you might only need an installer, but i don't know too much about it i've only had my q for like 2 months
  15. wingsnut25

wingsnut25 New Member

16. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Great stuff Wingsnut, I've downloaded the file, now what do I do with it! :)

I've flashed my Q9c before to the Verizon 6.1 Update, is the same method used for this?

Craig
  17. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Also, is there a Part01? And what is a .RAW file? From a Google Search all I can find is that it's an image data file.

Craig
  18. wingsnut25

wingsnut25 New Member

Im not 100% sure, I just followed the instructions from the rom extraction guide and posted the results. Part actually stands for Partition, and the rom is on the second partition. So there shouldnt be anything from the first Partition.

I would wait untill someone who knows what they are doing takes a look at it. I have not ever flashed a rom before. There is a good chance something else may need to be done to that file before you can use it....
  19. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Cool, appreciate the response, I look forward to hearing something from one of the many experts on this website.

Craig
  20. schultzy93

schultzy93 New Member