All the registry mods that I know of for Q9h

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by jasoninaz, May 11, 2008.

1. Mrrlyn

Mrrlyn New Member

Can we get a bump and a sticky? With everyone doing the 6.1 flash, Its nice to have a condensed list of q9h reg hacks. Also, updates as people find ones that dont work anymore or find new ones?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you found it, so can/should others.. no need to sticky & you (plus me now) have bumped it to the top..

potQ9c
  3. coolguy827

coolguy827 New Member

why cant they sticky this???
    huh!?!? why?????
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

5. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

1. There is a search function.
    2. Not every mod affects all systems equally (c,m,h or US,EU,Asia).
    3. Once you find a mod that works for your device, write it somewhere in a text file and viola, you have a sticky.
    4. plus as rude pointed out, did you read the title of this thread? you are in a sticky in a way.

good luck and come on, whining is not cool.
  6. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I have a number of links on a panel in the WM 6.1 homescreen. The only thing is that they all open in IE. Is there a hack to open all webpages in Opera?
  7. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

I don't believe, I think they can only open with IE.

~maria
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Is Opera set as your default web browser?

opera > menu > tools > settings > misc. > [set opera as default browser]
  9. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Yup... Opera is set as default browser.
  10. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Yes, even with Opera set as default browser..any panel you create with internet links will open with IE. I don't think anyone has figured out a workaround for that.
  11. Shiranashi

Shiranashi New Member

Has anybody figured out how to increase the bitrate in the videos yet?

Mines the same way with the 20 value as default. I changed to 512000 and nothing different, i even tried things like 30 with no result.
  12. k_semler

k_semler New Member

What about if you set it up like in Windows, (Ix86, Ix86-64), where you can enter in an application to open up a file or URL? (c:\progra~1\micros~1\winword.exe a:\work\texts\file.rtf)

Instead of: http://www.example.com
    Why not use: \windows\OperaLaunch.exe http://www.example.com
  13. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

14. JPBeard21

JPBeard21 New Member

MMS size increase hack

I have tried using the MMS hack to increase the allowed size from 600 to 1024 KB. Once I try to send a message I recieve an error "Alert - Could not send all the messages." Has anyone else tried this hack and recieved this error? I am using an AT&T Q 9h Global with WinMo 6.1. Thanks
  15. mbranscum

mbranscum New Member

How to you turn off the text message sent confirmation???
  16. k_semler

k_semler New Member

Messages --> Menu --> Multimedia Message Settings --> Send Options --> uncheck "Delivery Report" and "Read Report" --> Done --> Done --> Exit
  17. hitekdude

hitekdude New Member

awesome

thanks nice to have that info good thred
  18. Llaeryn

Llaeryn New Member

Hi, I tried following your instructions to disable Xpress Mail... but when I go into Settings>Homescreen I don't see the newly edited file "smartphone without xpress mail". I just see the same 7 options that are always there. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard...

(can't really help, my Q did not come with Xpress mail..)
  20. ScottCP

ScottCP New Member

how do i get to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\