ALIGN SCREEN and Accidental Screen Taps

Discussion in 'HTC Imagio' started by Medic511, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Medic511

Medic511 New Member

ALIGN SCREEN and Accidental Screen Taps

I am a paramedic and use this phone at work. It's pretty important that I can (a) answer it whenever it rings and (b) call out whenever I need to. I am frustrated by the fact that, even though I carfully lock the phone each time I put it into case on my belt, often when it rings I cannot answer it because it is in the middle of SCREEN ALIGN, which requires 10 to 15 screen taps in various places. I can find no way to cancel the align function and no way to answer the phone when it's in that mode. I assume that the SCREEN ALIGN function gets triggered by random, accidental button pushes or screen taps. Does anyone else have this problem or ideas? Many thanks.
  2. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan New Member

Did turning off the screen help at all?
  3. Medic511

Medic511 New Member

Random Align Screen Routine

At first I thought so, but the phone still, seemingly randomly, puts itself into align screen mode. I still can't find anyway to get out of that mode other than to chase the cross-hatches around the screen, not good when I have myu hands full and especially when the phone is ringing at the time.
  4. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan New Member

I would call verizon and get a replacement. It sounds like you may have a bad digitizer on your phone
  5. chrisquinn_99

chrisquinn_99 New Member

alignment screen "feature"

Actually, this is a "feature" included by HTC/WINMO. You can recreate the issue by pressing both the volume up and down buttons and tapping the screen. The rationale is that your screen could get so out of align that you needed a way using just the hardware to get to the align screen. I had this problem too using my holster case, but have since been careful to put my phone in the case with the volume buttons up.
  6. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan New Member

LOL, nice "feature" especially for a paramedic.