Alert Volume Adjustability...

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by dajael, Dec 6, 2007.

1. dajael

dajael New Member

Alert Volume Adjustability...

I was looking for a General Sticky for the 9c and I can't find one...if there is one would someone please point my newb arse to it?

I'm out of town and my manual is at home...don't remember if there is a way to adjust individual alert volumes. Everytime I try to pick a specific alert and assign a specific volume for it, it adjusts the entire phone (all alerts, rings, etc...)

Anyone?

Peace,

Jason
  2. BIGD

BIGD New Member

start / settings / sounds or just edit the profile . start /settings/profiles then press menu and edit :)
  3. dajael

dajael New Member

Thanks Big-D but I don't have "Edit" as an option just Play, Delete Sounds and Cancel are my only options.

Edit: Nevermind...got what I wanted from Profile...only problem is that it adjusts all volume for all notifications or alerts etc...instead of being broken out like it is in sounds. Oh well...still a big thanks to "D"!
  4. BIGD

BIGD New Member

glad u could find what u wanted ;)
  5. coolmkv69

coolmkv69 New Member

I searched the forums and didn't find an answer.

Is there a way to get custom ringtones used other than just for ringtones? Example: Instead of getting the chimes/rings for e-mail, MMS, or voice mail notification, we can use custom ringtones that we make. I ask this because I use to do this on my Samsung A900M. Also another question, is there a way to get the phone to vibrate AND ring at the same time when some calls? or e-mails? or leaves voicemail? etc.

Thanks alot in advance for answering the questions.
  6. BIGD

BIGD New Member

you can adjust rind and vibrate , ring then vibrate , vibrate then ring u can change all this in start / settings / profile and then edit .
  7. BIGD

BIGD New Member

and the custom ringtones you can do that in start/ settings / sounds there u can change type of the ringtone
  8. coolmkv69

coolmkv69 New Member

Thanks for the previous info Big-D but for the 2nd part I don't think I was clear. I want to use a custom ringtone for my notifications as well as my incoming call ringtone. So instead of the chimes/rings, it would play a ringtone when I got an e-mail or a text or even changing the ringtone of my alarm. Would it be as simple as overwriting the .wma file with the custom ringtone I want? Is there any other way for the phone to detect the custom ringtones, because I put the ringtones in the Windows folder but the phone still didn't detect it. Btw, I already have a ringtones in the ringtone folder. Of course this probably is an underneath the surface type issue. I have a feeling most likely we have do some editing of the registry files so that the Q can detect the ringtones so it can allow it to be used for texts or e-mails.

Thanks again in advance.
  9. BIGD

BIGD New Member

yeah thats where u can change the type to a custom ringtone
  10. BIGD

BIGD New Member

do u have smarttweaker ? cuz if u do some tweaks ur phone will look for ringtones on ur sd card in My documents folder :)
  11. erupert

erupert New Member

Actually, figured this out last night. I have the 9M so hopefully it's the same for you. Just drop the sound files into the \application data\sounds directory and they will appear as choices for email, voicemail, text, etc alerts.