Alert tones

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by stryker412, Jan 25, 2009.

1. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

Alert tones

Has anyone figured out how to add custom alert tones (e-mail, text message, etc) to the Saga? I tried dropping some midis and wavs into the Windows directory but the phone still doesn't see them.

Also, does anyone have any good tones for email and text alerts? I am looking for just sounds not music or tv/movie quotes.
  2. EQBob

EQBob New Member

for alets, using the winsows dir should work although I think it only recognizes waves.

For ringtones, user the my ringtones under my documents.

EQBob
  3. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Not sure yet - but I do know that ringtones need to be in \Windows\Rings. I figured that out a few weeks ago.
  4. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

I converted the midis to wavs and still were not picked up.

Edit: It's odd, I can browse to the files on the phone under the Windows directory and play them fine. They just don't show up in the list of usable alerts.
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

Just guessing here, but could they need to be left in a "root" folder, like on the Q?
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Hmmm.....That directory is completely empty on my phone. And if I put them in My Docs/My Ringtones, they show up as being available in the drop down lists in Contacts.

EQBob
  7. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Yes, but files you drop here will now be available under ringtones, merged in with the system tones. A bit odd but it works.
  8. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

I have no issues with actual ringtones, it's just the alert tones for e-mail messages and texts. They have a separate menu than normal incoming calls.
  9. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

I got it working, the filenames from the Q had capitol letters. The saga will only recognize them if they're all lowercase.
  10. denzilorton22

denzilorton22 New Member

I have seen that Most of the people have not found alert tones. It is the simple way that First merged the all the directory and check that There is available any tones in their library. If You will find it, Then You will have also get some option for set as alert tones also. You will have also check your library option. I hope that You will get some alert tones also.