Alarm Sounds

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Diamond' started by R2Dtwo, Oct 2, 2008.

1. R2Dtwo

R2Dtwo Guest

Alarm Sounds

Hi All

I was wondering if it was possible to create custom alarm sounds like you can for ring tones. I tried copying wave files, mp3's & wma's into the "rings" folder & the "windows" folder but these do not show up in the alarm sounds pull down tab.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Xtrm302

Xtrm302 Guest

You can u the TRIM program in the phone..it will then put it in the ringer folder.
  3. R2Dtwo

R2Dtwo Guest

Thanks......I eventually got it to work......
    The wave file is the only one that worked after copying it to the windows folder.......& rebooting a few times........
  4. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Is it possible to make a MP3 an alarm. I have been trying to figure it out for months now.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

if thats not working download free audacity and just convert the mp3 to a wav...real simple to import and then export. =)
  6. eric3938

eric3938 New Member

I store all my mp3s in \Storage Card\My Documents\, they all show up in ringtones and alarm dialogs. I'm using a Q9c though so it might be different
  7. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

I've actually tried using Audacity before, but couldn't ever get it going right. Seem to remember something about it not being able to locate a certain library.
  8. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I think that would be the mp3 library. There are copyright issues so you have to download that part from someone else. The link is on the Audacity website.
  9. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Was going to check it out again, but when i went to download antivirus program detected trojan. Kinda skeptical about the whole thing now. Last time I tried it I had to completely reinstall OS on my laptop. I had recently downloaded quite a few torrents on vuze at the time so I couldn't pin point the infection but I'm starting to get an idea now.