agenda one or eXtreme agenda?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by JAT, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Yeah, actually when I looked into it further this is what I had found out about
    the alarm field in POOM. So some examples and other things were written very strangely to not allow the time setting and lead me to believe you couldnt... And this doesnt help....

Under ReminderTime for ITask:
    But I will test this further today and probably put out a quick release relaxing the testing of this rule. I may have mis-interpreted it as well?? Its not the most clear and thorough statement in the world...
  2. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

2.26.4 is out there and the reminder time can be any time during the due date...
  3. applejosh

applejosh New Member

Sweet.

Is the Birdsoft forums the best place to put feature requests? I've got one (when my account is activated).

Thanks again,
  4. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Probably in my forums unless its something really good.. then emailing me directly is probably better... :)

I have activated your forum account as well....

Thanks!
  5. Mainegod

Mainegod New Member

EA Update Problem

Yesterday I upgraded my trial version of EA. Today I checked for updates, and was told that there was one available. I saved the new cab file to my Q (not the storage card), but when I click on the Schedule or Task list on the homepage I get this error (with the filename xagenda.exe at the top of the page):

"ALERT: Can't find 'xagenda' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available."

What makes it even stranger is that if I access EA through the Start Menu I have no problems pulling up my calendar. Any ideas?
  6. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

I take it you switched locations of your install in this update.. Try unchecking the system shortcuts that you have on, then exit the options dialog, then go back into options and turn them back on. And exit again. Then a power cycle might be needed but they will now point to the new location you installed it to...
  7. Mainegod

Mainegod New Member

Thanks

Worked like a charm. Your continued presence on this and other boards and your timely responses have really sold me on the product. thanks again.
  8. BigOrange

BigOrange New Member

9. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Extreme Wallet Desktop

Birdsoft is pleased to announce the released the Desktop Version of Extreme Wallet. A Secure Information Manager using the same technology as found in the Windows Mobile software Extreme Agenda.

Extreme Wallet is a companion product and is FREE with purchase of Extreme Agenda. It features 256 bit blowfish encryption to securely store your Accounts, Passwords, and more... Additional features include syncing with Extreme Agenda, Printing, timeout locking, a password generator, and a simple intuitive interface.

Give it a try today....

[​IMG]

www.birdsoft.biz/extremewallet.htm
  10. toomanyhandles

toomanyhandles Member

Sorry to miss the deal-of-the-day.

I'm a Agendus user on my Clie, on the Q I like the display features of Extreme Agenda, I think.

2 things I noticed as I've played lightly with this app-

If you create an appt for say 6pm to 10pm, you don't get a bar on the screen in Month view. I like the way the bar is a readable (for a cell phone) way of guaging free time in the work day, but it would be nice if there were something to show that there was something scheduled that day, even if it is after 5pm- it would help for hunting for free evening time.
    Perhaps keep the bar, but just darken the end to show that after 5 there is still stuff to be aware of?

Maybe it can do this and I haven't figured it out, but, when setting an appointment date, you can't popup a month calendar and pick dates from there soas to match date to the day of the week etc. I miss this when moving appointments, as frankly I am horrible at calendars in my head, moving something set for a Thursday to the Tues after next week, based on dates alone, drives me nuts.

Nice app, I really like the way data is summarized and organized.
  11. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks!

1. You can just set the bars to cover all day. It is under "Schedule Options" in view options in the options menu. They are just defaulted to 8-5.

2. Just push Action button on the Appointment date entry fields, and a calendar will pop up...

Thanks again...
  12. toomanyhandles

toomanyhandles Member

That's straightforward enough. I thought i'd tried #2 already though. Oh well!

Thanks for the reply-
  13. Csquared

Csquared New Member

Birdsoft

I just upgraded to your latest version of XA and im still unable to get the reminder to work within tasks. I set the reminder to go off at a certain time and it never goes off. Any suggestions?
  14. cellneuron

cellneuron New Member

Some feature requestes

I have waited 5 days for the activation of birdsoft forum and didn't receive anything. There is a thread in their forum to ask new users send them an email to activate, while never mention the email address.

As an old user of Ultraplannar, I found "extreme agenda" is terrific upgrade. I like it very much. Comparing with A1, PI and AF, XA is light weighted but feature-rich, fast and beautiful. The ewallet is esp. handy. The operations (touch, keyboard or stylus) are really fantastic.

That being said, there are a lot of features needs to included or improved in the near future to supersede other competitors.

1. In the setting page, there is no way to switch from one category (such as "display setting") to the next category (such as "task settings") without using stylus. The left/right navigation keys don't do anything here. The small arrow keys beside the category label are too small to be touched by finger.

2. The only way to activate context menu is "click and hold on the screen". "Holding down the action h/w key" should also to be implemented to activate context menu, which can vastly improve the one-hand operations.

3. While the "theme" has been introduced long time ago, I still didn't find any theme to be downloaded or included in the package. While the original theme is quite elegant, a high-contrast theme, like the WM5 pocket outlook, should be included for those who are over 30s.

4. When "next view" is set as the left soft key, it should show the actual next view (for example "Project"), not the literal label "next view".

5. "Full screen" should be provided, esp. for those Treo users who has a small screen resolution like 240*240. "Full screen" will make the viewable area much larger.

6. Journaling feature is still missing. Implementing a lite journaling feature is easy to do. Like in Monthplannar (Palm os software), each journaling item is treated as note of a whole day appointment in the outlook database (with distinct category " journaling"). You don't need a separate file or database for it. Just use the outlook. Make a keyboard shortcut for it (like "j"). Once "J" is clicked, the note of the whole day appointment will be opened (either blank or with previous content (same day)) with date/time stamp automatically inserted. It's just that easy.

7. A lot of icons were included, but I can't find the basic icons for my birthday, business and holiday category.

8. If it won't be bloated too much, simple online weather information should be included in "Today" page or journals if available.

9."Dates" is useless unless it is increased to 30 days. We already have two "week" views, no need for the third one.

10. In task view, the feature "left/right navigation keys toggling completion" is awful. I also messed up all my tasks by unconsciously pressing left and right keys. Please, please, remove or change it to other keys, like "space", otherwise at least provide a confirmation dialogs.

11. In contact view, please make single key input (jumping to somewhere) and continuous input (search the string) as an option, but not implement both at the same time like in current version. I like the searching features in Treo, but I am too old to either pressing or thinking fast enough to activate the continuous input. Also I didn't find an easy way to go to other views from contacts view without turning on the spinner.

12. The availability of background picture for theme is nice, but it should be somewhat transparent like in WM5 today (at least 40%). Once I have an image as background, I can't read my agenda well.

13. In Ultraplannar, the logo can be changed to my own picture while waiting for the program loading. I am wondering if you will bring this feature back.

14. "Tracking" an event should be provided, which works same as counting up/down feature. After marking an appointment (birthday/anniversary/experiment) as an event, the days (from/past from the event) will show up in today page (also in the preview of monthly view).

15. If possible, make a better use of the built-in keyboard, like "m" for month way, "j" for "journaling", "w" for week view, "p" for "project view", "t" for "task view", "y" for "year view", "d" for "today".

Thanks for the wonderful product.

This is for Version 3.1 (WM5 Pro), my device is treo 750 with wm6.
  15. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

Me too & I'm waiting 1 week until now.

Lior :gasp:

(& I'm registered user :foot:).
  16. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

1. There is no 'Go To Today' options in right menu, i all ways have to use the spinner for that.

2. When i read a linked note in appointment, EA is remaining in notes list instead of going back to that app.

3. I realy like to see an option to leave text color in black (or default color) when i set Category Colors to on. Text with brights Category Colors are hard to be read on outside use.

4. I realy wont to have an option to change text fonts like in Agenda One.

I use WM5 on Motorola Q.
  17. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

You can push '2' for that...(or it is in goto date, in the menu but that is a lot of steps too, we are considering a goto today menu item..

Hmmmm... Ok, I will try to fix this...

So just use the category colors where?

Planned for an upcoming upgrade.
  18. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks, you both have been activated. The email is in the "contact us" on the main site. We were trying our best to avoid spambots, but it just isnt
    worth it...

@cellneuron

Some great ideas and feedback.. Thanks, I am printing it out for my upcoming updates and some of it are things that are still being transferred over from UP. I responded to some in bold above..
  19. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

There is a colord bar in the right side of the text appointment (before start time-end time) in Today + Dates views.

Lior.
  20. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

Cool maybe this will help to fix the mismatch words when i press on appointment/task from Today/Dates views.

Lior.