agenda one or eXtreme agenda?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by JAT, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Im not totally sure what is going to be in the first version of it, so I cant discuss features quite yet as Im not sure which ones will and wont make the 1.0 cut. It is coming along pretty good and Im hoping to have it out by the end of the week though.

I am finishing up version 2.25 of XA today and then hopefully that will follow soon after. 2.25 is getting some cool new things too, including "internet on device updates" and a next month preview on the calendar..

Thanks
  2. gw63

gw63 New Member

Does Outlook 2000 or later releases have this linking capability or must it be done through the Q?

Thanks.

p.s. I'm really enjoying XA - turned a co-worker onto it a couple of weeks ago and he's impressed.
  3. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

The linking is all using the Q and doesnt sync so is local to the Q. We dont get that information in Pocket Outlook to use anything from Microsoft.

"p.s. I'm really enjoying XA - turned a co-worker onto it a couple of weeks ago and he's impressed."

Thanks.. I hope you have upgraded to 2.25.1 as the program just keeps getting better(or at least I hope it does...) :) And for those only following this thread... Check it out.. Some of the suggestions for new features originated in this thread that are now in this new version...
  4. SteveBrady

SteveBrady New Member

I just want to say I have never had any software customer service like birdsoft is providing. Two thumbs up, someone who actually cares about his customers. The software is great and it keeps evolving and inproving. Keep up the great work.

Thanks
    A very satisfied customer...
  5. insulator

insulator New Member

Agenda One

I have to throw in my vote for Agenda One. The look and feel was clean and intuitive, especially the data entry screens and options. Most of the views are typical, but I preferred the A1 fonts and screens. Looked at Papyrus, but no search function. Extreme Agenda was nice, but i preferred the A1 interface. Have to admit that EA never ran smoothly for me, even though others have had no problem.

Almost hated to pick A1 with the heavy support that Birdsoft is providing for EA in this forum, but the program just didn't perform well with my data set. Definitely suggest using free trials to see which one is best for you.
  6. braxtoq

braxtoq New Member

Birdsoft, you rock! I really appreciate the latest edition having the option to search by company name, that will make my life much easier!:laugh2:
  7. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

Question on Week View

First, thanks to Brian - this looks great!

If anyone knows the answers to these questions, please chime in.

1) I hope to use the Week View mostly but am wondering if there is a way to keep Sunday at the top (other than selecting Sunday in Month View, then toggling to Week View. It's a little confusing for me to have the days of the week in different spots when glancing at the display (I understand the current day is always at the top.).

2) Is the top pane of the Week View the only day that will display two lines?

So, my ideal setup for me would be Week View, Sundays always at the top with two lines in each day. Is this possible now, or anyone else interested in this setup for future versions? Even possible?

Thanks!

Barry
  8. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks.

1. It doesnt have the option for Sunday on top, just Monday. You can set this in the Week View/Preview section of Schedule Options. "Start on Monday".

2. You are not seeing two lines on other days, on a Q? Oh, do you have "Big Preview Text" on in Display Options. If you use this and 7 day week views yes, only the top will show 2 appts...

Thanks

(and for some reason your order email was "delayed" on your Yahoo account, if you dont get it let me know.)
  9. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

Monday on top works fine. I changed to 5-Day, turned off Big Preview Text, and now I can see two lines on other days.

PS. I got the Yahoo e-mail with my password, so I'm all set.

Thanks very much.

Barry

10. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

I agree, i payed & register EA & A1 and A1 handle hebrew (I'm from Israel) much much better, the only issue with A1 that it seems more heavy then EA and doesn't have a built in NOTE util.

If EA will handle hebrew text at list as A1 do I will be more then happy to use my registred version of EA.
  11. gw63

gw63 New Member

What's the status of EA desktop wallet?
  12. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Im working on it again this week, but it is a short work week for me, so I will see what I get done.. I hope to have a beta out this week though...
  13. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

We have released version 2.26.2 of eXtreme Agenda.
    It fixes a few things and adds a few things including:
    * big calendar icons on Landscape devices with no preview-option
    * filter can perist if on, and can be global or can be now filtered by view
    * word wrap and edit of xml and html in notes view
    * basic handling of rotation of screens on WM6 devices
    * week view and preview may show more appts/etc in some cases
    Its available using OTA update in the program or at the various sites.

Thanks

And the Desktop Wallet if almost ready for Beta....
  14. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

Ahhhh...more than one appt. shows on each day with a 5-Day Week, starting on Monday, and Big Preview Text - Thanks!
  15. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

We have released version 2.26.3 of Extreme Agenda.
    Changes:
    * Can set Task Reminder Time now(not just the date)
    * Fixes Scrolling to cursor in Notes Goto and Find
    * Fixes action button on dates with on/off to always work
    * about 5 other small fixes and enhancements....

Its available for download or using OTA updates.

Thanks

(this afternoon and next week should all be devoted to desktop wallet)
  16. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

Great updates. Keep up the good work.
  17. applejosh

applejosh New Member

I'm demo-ing XA, and one thing I came across with this version is that when I try to set an alarm for the same day a task is due, it won't let me. It pops up an error dialog telling me the alarm must come before the due date. Is it not possible to have an alarm on the due date using XA?

(I emailed Birdsoft support late Friday, but I'm guessing they're taking a well deserved break for the holiday weekend here in the US.)
  18. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Yep, taking a little holiday break..

With this new version and the task alarm time, I tried to follow what
    Microsoft has documented for rules on these times. But Im guessing I can
    relax them a little bit as they actually dont affect the performance of the alarm(?!) So what is says is the alarm must be set before 8am on the due date( if not it will show this message). I will probably experiment with this and possibly change this rule to allow any time during the due date, if it works fine.......

Thanks
  19. rkrafft

rkrafft New Member

I'm having the same problem. I was really excited about the upgrade as I use Tasks alot and schedule specific times on the due date to complete. Previously, I've had to set up in Outlook which carries over the reminder notice time. Fixing this upgrade will enhance the products usefullness. Thanks for looking into this Birdsoft!
  20. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Task Reminders

I don't know why Microsoft doesn't allow setting the Task reminder time, and I was surprised to read that capability wasn't in XA until this latest release.

Anyway, I just tried setting task reminders in Agenda One, and it didn't give me any errors at 6 AM, 8 AM or 10 AM on the due dates. I didn't wait around to see if the reminders actually triggered, though.

Based on my interpretation of what you said that Microsoft said, I think they mean that the user must set the alarm before 8 AM on the due date; if the user set the alarm after 8 AM, it wouldn't fire because, by default, all task alarms trigger at 8 AM. In other words, on the due date, the user can't decide to turn the alarm on after 8 AM because it's too late.

However, you can apparently set alarm times individually for Tasks, just not in the Microsoft Tasks UI, so I don't think that Microsoft is saying that the time has to be before 8 AM on the due date.

Steve