agenda one or eXtreme agenda?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by JAT, Dec 7, 2006.

1. JAT

JAT New Member

agenda one or eXtreme agenda?

I've just downloaded the trial version of agenda one yesterday. From what I've seen, its a great program. I've seen many posts about eXtreme agenda... has anyone used both and have an opinion?
  2. The_Director

The_Director New Member

I looked at both - they seem very similar, but the kicker was getting CodeWallet 6 thrown in the deal. I think Agenda might have just a little slicker interface. Yeah, I know eXtreme has a 'wallet", but its not as powerful; but it does have a notepad. Either is a good choice IMOP.
  3. gw63

gw63 New Member

Were you able to get BOTH Agenda One and CodeWallet in a package deal? From what I can tell they are two separate purchases totaling $55.
  4. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Yes, seemed like a curious reply to me as well.. If you look around you can get it bundled but even if you do catch that price, it is still like $15 more...and regular pricing its $30 more...

We hope you try both the trials and see which you prefer..

Thanks
  5. IgotQ

IgotQ New Member

I like Extreme Agenda. Although I didn't try the other one. Like the note and wallet being included so I went with it.. The Notes syncs to my mac with MissingSync as well.
  6. jerkules

jerkules New Member

Agenda One

I went with Agenda One. The interface seemed cleaner and more sophisticated than Extreme Agenda. While I did like the fact the EA was bundled with a wallet program, it still didn't seem as pleasant to use, IMHO.

--Jerk
  7. Dylanthecat

Dylanthecat New Member

I went with Agenda One mostly due to the ability send meeting requests to invitees. Both are good programs though.
  8. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

If I may ask what makes it more "sophisticated"? So I can improve on our interface...

Oh, and we can send meeting invites as well in Extreme Agenda(as of Version 2.1).

Thanks for giving it a shot...
  9. gw63

gw63 New Member

I like the Agenda One month view and the way you can get to all views without having to scroll through every other option.

I'll have to admit, I downloaded the trial version of Extreme Agenda before I really knew that I wanted a third party PIM and I only started really using it when I had just a few days left on the trial. I'm currently in the middle of the Agenda One trial (and Papyrus, which I've ruled out). I tried uninstalling Extreme Agenda and downloading a new trial so that I could do a side by side comparison with Agenda One but was denied, which I understand, lest you keep a perpetual trial version.

If there is a way to "extend" the trial of Extreme Agenda, I'd like to sample it for a few more days, but if not, I'm leaning toward Agenda One.
  10. The_Director

The_Director New Member

Yes - check right here in EverythingQ - $35.95 for both -

BTW - did not mean to phlame ExtremeAgenda - its also a very good program and to be honest was a toss-up, just personal preference on style.
  11. The_Director

The_Director New Member

Look right here in EQ - $35.95
  12. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Ill try to release a minor version this week that will also allow a new trial to start....

You can in fact change the left button to be a menu with all the views(it should have started that way) so is very similar to how AO does it but without the icons(in fact I wouldnt be surprised if they got the idea from us).

Anything in particular about their month view... All 3 seem so similar?
  13. gw63

gw63 New Member

You're right, the month views are very similar, so I'm not sure what I was thinking. Since my trial expired a couple of weeks ago, I guess I've spent more time with the A1 trial and just didn't recall exactly how the AE calendar looked until I went back to your website.

I do appreciate you attempting to release a minor update to allow me another trial.

As has been noted by others, I'm impressed with Birdsoft's presence in these forums and the responsiveness to suggestions. Because of that (and all the "extras"), I think I will probably go with Extreme Agenda after another brief trial.
  14. steveb352000

steveb352000 New Member

I have been lurking here for a while. Let me say it is a good site with a lot of good info. I am trying extreme agenda, and will buy it when the trial is over. Having direct representation right in the forum is awesome. One think I would like is if it were a little simpler to create an appoitment from a contact. Not a complaint over all the program is great. With my job I always enter contacts first and if it were just one screen away to create a appointment or task it would just be easier for me. Just me being lazy.. Thanks

Steve
  15. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

You did notice in the contact list, if you choose in the menu "more" and then "more" you then have a choice to create an appt from the currently selected contact? If so, do you have ideas to improve it or am I missing the idea?

Thanks
  16. steveb352000

steveb352000 New Member

Yes I found it. I am just being picky. I am used to using agenda fusion and it is just one click away. Like I said I like the program over all. I just have to get used to the lay out of EA.Plus I have to get used to no Stylus.
  17. mcd78

mcd78 New Member

I am trying to decide between both programs as well. The main issue I found with Extreme Agenda was that when I inserted a contact into an apointment, I could only type the first letter of a name to search for it. I couldn't type "smi" to narrow down my names to smith. This is tough for me since I have so many contacts. Is there any way to fix this? Also, can I choose which number that I want inserted into an appointment, not just the defalt number. thanks for the help
  18. sdiddy

sdiddy New Member

i downloaded and trial and have a few questions:

1. parts of navigation are very sluggish..like trying to scroll the days in daily or weekly view. is this normal? is this just the trial version issue?

2. when i want to make an apppointment, the screen that you make it on is not well thought out. it wastes a lot of space and you have to scroll down a couple pages just to get the part where you set the reminder time. on palm this was basically all on one screen. this is a huge pain too and can be easily fixed by lessening the spacing between all the words. is there a way to change this?

3. in the old palm i could select a day and just start typing a new apointment. (didnt have to push menu-new appointment..etc). is there a way to do this on the Q?

thanks!
  19. steveb352000

steveb352000 New Member

Just purchased Extreme Agenda. In my opinion the best available for the smartphone. One of the biggest selling features for me is the customer support. I used to use Agenda Fusion, but is not available for the smartphone. I think the developer of EA did a great job especially considering no stylus support.
  20. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Cross-Posting

See my comments in the third place you cross-posted the questions.

Steve