??Aftermarket chargers??

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by sk8roy, May 5, 2010.

1. sk8roy

sk8roy New Member

??Aftermarket chargers??

Do any aftermarket chargers work with this phone? I tried 2 different kits I found at compusa but neither work, so just returned them. I get the 'unsupported charger' message. I thought it was something with my phone so I went into verizon and plugged into their displays and it charges with Verizon charger but they are over priced. Especially when I want a wall and car charger, don't really want to spend $80 if I can get it cheaper.
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

Motorolas are picky about the chargers they will accept. All of the chargers I have had luck with were Motorola chargers(Came with Motorola Phones). I use the ones that came with my Maxx ve on my Q9m/c...it works fine. I did find one on Ebay that worked with the Nap. I have also used a "Mini to Micro" USB Adapter with the Maxx ve charger on the Nap.....Give Ebay a look.
  3. bragl123

bragl123 New Member

The charger I bought for my Q9h, I think it is called a multi charger, allows the phone to sit upright in the cradle (the usb is on the left side of the charger pad and you slide the Q into it to connect). It also will charge the smaller battery that comes with the phone. So...you can have the extended battery installed in the Q and charge the smaller battery in the back at the same time. They don't send a charge cord, you use the cord that came with the phone. Also, there is an indicator light on the charger, but it only lights up when charging the spare battery is being charged. You can also have the regular battery in the phone and charge the extended battery. I can't remember where I bought it, but when you find a site that sells them, call them to make sure that it is set up as I have described. I think they are about $25.00.