Address bar in IE when rotated???

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by FuzzyReets, Nov 8, 2010.

1. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

I'm trying to figure out how to get the address bar to show when I rotate the phone. I cant' believe there isn't a way to do this so I'm hoping I'm just missing something. This is how I (and pretty much everyone that I know) does their browsing.
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Same here. Certainly doesn't appear as if there is any way to do this.
  3. chris

Oh and welcome to everythingWM. Which Windows Phone 7 phone did you pick up?
  4. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

Thanks. I'm thinking you're right. I really hope they fix this sometime soon. This is how I do all my browsing. Picked up the Sammy Focus. Wife is getting my Sammy Captivate. Don't know if I made a good decision yet....sure do miss some of the Android slickness that's for sure. Just did things the way I wanted it too. I know this is day 1 so I'm hoping a lot of this stuff gets ironed out but it scares me that they missed something as simple as this.
  5. chris

While I agree those are annoying bits, I was more concerned about the usability of the device. The speed of the OS is blazing. I have no trouble with the transitions. They take a bit of time, but everything still moves fast enough. It's got a very fluid feel to it. I too picked up the Focus.

That being said, I think a steady stream of updates will follow shortly.
  6. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

Awesome. Someone else as crazy as me. What phone are you coming from? I agree with you though the OS is very fast. Maybe that's cuz half of it is missing.... Ha!. I guess when you buy day 1 you have to expect this stuff. Let's hope MS does their part and come through with fixing this stuff.
  7. chris

I go from phone to phone. Having a number of sites, I use the Nexus One, iPhone 4 and Palm Pre Plus regularly. Oddly enough, I'm big fan of the Zune HD. When I first saw Windows Phone 7, I was real excited, since I'm a fan of the whole Metro UI. Samsung Focus fits nicely in that bunch. Honestly, today I've been trying to find the right cable to connect my video camera, so I haven't played with it as much as I'd like.
  8. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

I am the same way. I switch up phones all the time. I get bored. Hopefully we have a good experience with this in coming weeks. It's a slick phone no doubt, just needs some tweaking here and there.
  9. chris

I think they have the core elements right, which is big. We're coming from other smartphones, where they've had a chance to refine and add things with regularity. With minimal muck up on the part of the carriers or manufacturers, updates should be able to be pushed pretty quickly. If we get an update before the end of the year, I'm happy. Well, maybe sooner if that microSD thing is really an issue.
  10. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Member

Interesting. I didn't even know about that. Yeah it is solid and I like the performance but it does seem a little rough. Probably could have used a few more months of development but as long as they continue to push updates and enhance the phone I bought I can deal with the process.