Adding CHome Weather Panel

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by TheMadJester, Jul 16, 2009.

1. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

Adding CHome Weather Panel

So I followed some links in the MotoQ software thread and got the CHome Editor, but all the links to the Weather Panel plugins were dead. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The HTC Sliding Panels on the Ozone have a weather panel, but there are no cities in my state that are listed.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if it's using a similar program to what the touch pro and diamond use, there may be a way to add cities. see here
  3. HTC_OH_SNAP

HTC_OH_SNAP New Member

At the XDA site there is a CHome Weather app called NRG MiniWeather that does work with for the HTC SNAP... its version 1.3.

I really like it and have used the previous versions on my last 2 Q's.

Here's a link to the post and file

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=4077035&highlight=Snap#post4077035
  4. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

thanks for the info, but the weather database thing doesn't seem to work on the Ozone.
  5. HTC_OH_SNAP

HTC_OH_SNAP New Member

What do you mean?

I installed NRG 1.3 on my Snap yesterday and it works great... the Temp and Location work for me on the Clock panel and the extended forecast panels works great too.

Which version have you tried?
  6. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

Oh wait. yeah, i think maybe it was only 1.2.
  7. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

OK, guys. Please suffer a total n00b (that's with 2 big fat zero's) here. I've got the same problem as madjseter with the weather panel on my Ozone. I've d/l both the chome app and the nrg 1.3, as .cab files.

Could any one of you totally cool dudes give me the quick and easy method to use these and get my city to show on the weather panel of my Ozone?

I usually would dig more, but I am packing for a couple day camping trip starting tomorrow night, so I guess from that you know my timeframe.

If it's not possible that's cool, I'll dig some more when I get back, but please guys don't flame me for asking for this easy way. Just tell me it ain't gonna happen with my tiny timeframe.

TIA
  8. WA1979

WA1979 New Member

teddyearp
    I have nrg working fine on my Ozone
    go to where You installed it device or storage card/program files
    nrg/chromeminiweather/setOptions
    arrow to zip location press ok and change the zip
    gives 10 day forecast

also thanks HTC_OH_SNAP for sharing this with us
  9. guest03

guest03 Member

With the NRG 1.3, it changes my custom sliding panel. How would I get it to work with my custom home screen?
  10. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

So all i have to install is nrg and it will replace/augment the weather panel on my stock homescreen setting?
  11. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

First off, I answered my own question, just install the .cab and it works. However, I am with mattbirk. But, for me I guess this is part of learning a new phone, learning the code in the .xml file to tweak it the way I want everything to look.

Still kind of partial to the Motorola Dynamic on my Nap, though. But that is next to impossible. . . . ?
  12. chinch

chinch New Member

anyone have any idea? I don't want to use the NRG homescreens as HTCs are a better starting point.

any help is appreciated