ActiveSync issues

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Pro2' started by cranky, Apr 8, 2010.

1. cranky

cranky New Member

ActiveSync issues

I'm not sure where to post this, but since the phone is a TP2, I figured I would start here. I ignored this phone as long as I could ("Strongly suggested" at work to update my old phone...I'm the last of the old farts still hanging in there), but finally gave in and trying to figure out how to use all this. I'm not a computer guy for anything other than what is required, so take it easy on me, please.

I have the newest version of ActiveSync on my wife's computer, have set up a "relationship" with the TP2. I have downloaded the CAB for a program to allow the TP2 screen to rotate without opening the keyboard. Supposedly I am to use ActiveSync to move this program onto my phone by putting it in the "sychronize" folder that ActiveSync installed on the computer. Where the $%&&!! is this folder supposed to be? Any idea what the name is?

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

in WMDC we have the ability to manually set a sync folder, I don't recall that in active sync though. you can move the file manually by clicking the explore button and dragging and dropping like you would with any other file on the PC
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

mobsync is also another good syncing program for files and such
  4. cranky

cranky New Member

Thanks for the responses. I uninstalled/reinstalled AS on my PC, and everything is fine. I'm still working my way through figuring stuff out, but making progress. If AS continues to kick my butt, I'll give one of these other programs a shot.

One more question, if I may. All my notes that I had taken on my phone ended up on my PC, and disappeared from my phone. Anybody know how to get them back onto my phone? I'm going to just try to drag and drop and see what happens.