Active Sync Woes - outlook.pst is in use or Support code:85010014

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by rogeru, May 3, 2008.

1. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I am sorry. I don't know what else to do to help. Can anyone else give us a hand here?

oh oh, one more thing. Try to connect your device while your outlook is CLOSED and let it load it through its own invoke and see what happens. I vaguely remember this working for someone else.
  2. rogeru

rogeru New Member

If you mean a hard reset/clear of the Q9h - yes I did that early on.
  3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Yes that was one of our initial steps, even though you had stuff on it that you didn't want to lose. As far as regular steps are concerned, they have been exhausted several times over, so hoping someone has extra ordinary steps we didn't cover to help this person get on with life already.
  4. rogeru

rogeru New Member

I see that there is now SP3 for Windows XP Pro which is what I am running. Should I try that to see if it fixes the problem?
  5. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Well it most certainly would not hurt but might actually fix a problem with the integration of 2007 that might help us here. Go ahead and do it and let us know how it goes. good luck.
  6. rogeru

rogeru New Member

Sigh I deleted the partnership from both sides, installed XP SP3, rebooted, started Outlook, connected the Q9, and Active Stync still exhibits Support code:85010014.
  7. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I might have missed this mentioned but have you tried creating a different profile in Outlook? I did a Google search and you have done everything mentioned but didn't read that you created a different profile.
    Did you install Outlook and reboot & re-install Outlook? Many ppl had success that way, too.
  8. rogeru

rogeru New Member

I did not create a new profile as I did not want to lose THOUSANDS of emails I need to keep. Is there away to avoid losing them.

Dumb question - where in 2007 does one create a new profile?
  9. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Profiles are created in the control panel under mail. however, personally I think you don't have to do that and I don't think it will be relevant here but its up to you.
  10. rogeru

rogeru New Member

- Deleted partnerships, created a new profile in Outlook, made new partnership - same support code problem. Sigh

- I did a repair (no reinstall option in 2007) of Outlook after a reboot - Same problem.

I even went ahead and put the remaining post SP1 Outlook 2007 fixes in ONE at a time. Same problem. ( I deleted the partnerships before the each install BTW).

I give up! I HATE Microsoft for stealing a week of my life with this crap. They are unapproachable for any real support in their castle. Their own products don't work together - ActiveStync & Outlook 2007.

It takes a lot to make me give up and a lot to get me mad, but I have HAD it. I'm going back to an unlicensed copy of Outlook 2003 - if they don't like it they can kiss my a$$ - I paid for a 2007 license and their software does NOT work.
  11. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I am really sorry it turned out this way for you. When it happened to me, I ended up just doing a clean install of my machine, reformatting my device and then restoring all my mail to the new installation and setting up a partnership and it worked. I hate that it takes extremes like that to make things work but it sucks that it made you give up. I am sorry we couldn't help you fix it. We tried.
  12. rogeru

rogeru New Member

Thanks for your attempts to help - it was valiant.
    I have actually submitted the problem to M$ since I am entitled to 90 days of emails support. But I'm not holding my breath.

Meantime I am headed to Outlk 2002 ( not '03 as I previously said)
  13. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Been following thread and sorry nothing helped you. The only answers I would find were just basically delete Outlook (but not the PST file) and Active sync and then re-install them. Read somewhere that it's the MAPI.DLL giving all the errors, whether that's the truth or not is still not going to help you.
    Good Luck.
  14. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

You are welcome, I just wish it had turned out better. You are entitled to 90 day email support and they are "usually" pretty good with that although not always. Hopefully they will have a solution for you.

Have you considered backing up your PST file so you don't lose anything and clean uninstall outlook all together and reinstall it and import your PST in a clean PST file and try it that way? I know its a long painful way to do it but it might be worth a shot.