Active Sync Issue

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by TCKelsey05, Apr 3, 2008.

1. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

Tried pluggin in after reboot... still will not work.
  2. TCKelsey05

TCKelsey05 New Member

Could my problem have anything to do with the fact that i had installed the Dashwire program? I tried it and did not like it at all and uninstalled it. But if I remember correctly i actually think that my problem may have started right after that. I wonder if that could of been it?
  3. dabluprint173

dabluprint173 New Member

heres another issue...my phone had been acting up these past few days...lagging...blank space while typing a text...freezing when locking it...u know the usual issues.

did a master reset (like i had done in the past), plugged into my pc for activesync to retrieve my contacts, now im getting "ACTIVESYNC ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM ON THE DESKTOP ERROR #85010014"....took it to the sprint store to get it checked out, they tell me my phone is fine..so im assuming something is wrong with the pc...i tried removing the sync and re installing it again and im still getting the same issue with both of my and my brothers Q9c...

im lost on what could it be now or what to do..any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  4. armyturtle

armyturtle New Member

I've just come to accept Microsoft makes some buggy ass software.
  5. dapperyout

dapperyout New Member

How about a system restore on your PC to a date when you knew it to be working (provided you have system restore enabled) then trying to sync.

If that fails.. how bout
    deleting partnerships on PC and Q9c
    uninstalling Activesync
    goto device manager--> uninstall all USB host controllers (root hubs)
    reboot
    root hubs will be added automatically, re-install active sync.
    try syncing again.
  6. armyturtle

armyturtle New Member

Earlier in my post I've said I deleted partnerships on both the Q9c & on my PC. I'm not sure I've deleted the root hubs from the device manager - I'll probably try that when I get home (on a trip right now).

Also, this is on a new WinXP install. I have considered reinstalling XP yet again - but that will be a last resort.
  7. dapperyout

dapperyout New Member

yes, I saw that you already deleted partnerships, I am suggesting to do it in conjucntion with the other stuff I mentioned instead of exclusively. hope it works, it would suck to have to re-install xp.
  8. armyturtle

armyturtle New Member

Found the issue (after removing software from my recent WinXP install in reverse order it was installed). Turns out my firewall software (Kerio Personal Firewall by Sunbelt Software) was causing the issue... even though I both disabled AND killed the application to begin with each time assuming it might be causing the problem.

Apparently it made some type of change to my usb connections that was affecting even though the firewall was no longer running and/or active.

I uninstalled KPF and voila! Activesync works on every single connection I make to my phone.

Thx for the suggestions guys. I just never thought installed software that was NOT running would affect such a thing - go figure.
  9. dapperyout

dapperyout New Member

Go figure, that was the first thing I thought it may have been, but in an earlier post you said that you disabled the firewall. All's well that ends well.
  10. evelmike

evelmike New Member

Sorry to drag up an old topic, however a quick google search led me here, and as I've been experiencing the same issue and have found a solution which does not match the solution posted above, I thought I may as well chime in.

This may seem like a simple solution, but I've found it is one which is often overlooked.

Under Device Manager -> Network Adapters: You will see Windows Mobile-based Device. This device MUST be enabled in order for;

A: Windows to detect that the device is connected and enable browsing of the device's directories via explorer, and;

B: ActiveSync to detect the device and initiate a sync.

The device specified above can become disabled if the USB cord is removed from the mobile device while ActiveSync is actively syncing data, or when the ActiveSync process(s) is/are terminated while ActiveSync is syncing data. Please be sure to avoid killing the processes or removing the USB cable from your device if you are running an active sync.

Again, this all sounds quite simple so far as the cause, effect and solution, however this issue is extremely common. I work for an IT company which purchased Moto Q9cs for most of the managerial staff and essential technical staff, and I've found this issue to be rather common at the office.

Again, my apologies for resurrecting an old topic.

And for those who may not understand where the solution is explained in this post:

Ensure that the "Windows Mobile-based Device", listed under "Network Adapters" in your windows "Device Manager" is enabled. If the device is disabled, you will not be able to Sync with ActiveSync or otherwise network your mobile device with your PC.

Thank you.
  11. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Just stumbled across this thread. Sorry for the late response . Quickly to follow up, we haven't really seen this effect on a phone after it installed Dashwire before. Can't really say too much without knowing more about the phone. If you're still having problems (although it has been awhile) let us know and we'll see if there's something we can do.
  12. bnm81002

bnm81002 New Member

I need help here please, I've had no problems syncing my Q9C to my PC until today, it wouldn't sync at all, so I deleted the partnership, uninstall the ActiveSync, then reinstall ActiveSync, now it won't even make a partnership at all, I can't sync my Q9C, what can I do? I checked in device manager and I don't see Windows Mobile-Based Device under Network Adapters, help? thanks
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

Check to see if you have a firewall running. Occasionally, I can't use the USB port on the front of my PC, but it works fine in the back...
  14. bnm81002

bnm81002 New Member

I turned off the firewall, it makes the connection then it stops, saying that ActiveSync cannot connect to the Windows Mobile powered device, very stumped, it was working fine last night
  15. bnm81002

bnm81002 New Member

I found a solution in another forum, basically delete all ActiveSync settings on the Q9C then recreate them then sync with your PC but I deleted everything including the "Windows PC" then I uninstall and reinstall the ActiveSync software then I sync my Q9C and it connected and is working fine now