Activating on Verizon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by astrocramp, Jan 25, 2009.

1. sads25

sads25 New Member

Do I remember reading either here or on Howard Forums that this seems to be a VZW issue, not an attempt by them to block out anyone???
  2. dperreno

dperreno New Member

Actually, it's the only way I've been able to do it, and I hadn't heard that anyone else had had it work online. I'll certainly give it a try. (And yes, I have tried to activate online many times with no success on the Nap, but with success on other phones)
  3. dperreno

dperreno New Member

Also, did you use the MEID or the ESN when you activated online?
  4. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

I activated my first Nap online with no trouble, every one I've gotten since then tho I've done OTA tho. FYI tho you can not get off a Nap using the online changer you have to do it OTA to another device, but like I mentioned going to a Nap should be okay if there system is working correctly.

And you for sure need to use the MEID seeing as the phone does not have an ESN number to begin with, and before it is mentioned the "pESN" you may see on the sticker is not the same as an actual ESN number whihc is why you have to use the MEID
  5. dperreno

dperreno New Member

Thanks for the info. What phone have you activated FROM? Do you think it is better to activate from another Q, or to use a dumbphone with VCast?
  6. mick4394

mick4394 Member

The natives are starting to get a little restless, over on Hofo, about this.

I don't know about you folks, but I'm a little worried that this isn't just about system upgrades. I hope they haven't decided to lock some of these back doors.
  7. sads25

sads25 New Member

so are you saying that you could activate the nap online but that to change from teh Nap to something else you have to do it OTA? Or am I misunderstanding something mean?
  8. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Well being this is my first smartphone it was activated on a line that had a dumbphone. That includes all the others I got for friends also as they all had dumbphones also. However most of the phones we had were not even VZW phones on there network or they were but flashed to another carriers firmware and fully working.

I highly doubt they are locking things myself, and it is more about the network do to the merge with Alltel. Plus if i'm not mistaken weren't they suppose to be opening the netowrk this year for any device to be used as long as it meets certain criteria. And if that is the case why would they turn around and lock things. Personally I think they are going threw the same nightmare AT&T did when they bought and merged with Cingular.
  9. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

yes that is exactly what I'm saying.
  10. mick4394

mick4394 Member

I'm a little skeptical because I've noticed some goofy things going on with my line in My Account, that weren't going on a couple weeks ago.
  11. sads25

sads25 New Member

If I already have a phone with an unlimited data plan on VZW and am going to be trying to activate a Nap, would you suggest I remove the data plan first from my current phone, than try to activate the Nap and then add back the data plan????
  12. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

That's exactly right, you can get ON the Nap fine, but switching to a phone that 'could be' on VCast, Premium, Mobile Web, TV or other special features triggers an intervention from CS. I can't get to my V9m or Krave without talking to CS.

In my case I have the VPack "Connect" plan and switching to the Nap has never been refused.

On the Open App policy, I had them add a Sprint Q9c ESN to the system in less than 48 hours. All I had to say was "Data Plan" and they approved. Look around page 96 of my Verizon GPS Hacking thread: http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-hacks/new-verizon-gps-fix-30161-96.html

Here is the Verizon Open Access policy Press Release: http://news.vzw.com/news/2007/11/pr2007-11-27.html
  13. manbat

manbat Active Member

I activated my Nap on my Q9m/c line......

I activated my Nap on my Q9m/c line......Went smoothly and data worked instantly. When I tried to activate my Q9m/c on my Maxx ve line it directed me to a person.....the system recongized the Q9m/c as a "Smartphone" so it wanted a Data plan.
  14. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

heres the deal guys. vzw is having trouble due to the unicell conversion. so soonas they get it fixed all will be good again with 228 opt 3 and online.so dont panic!
    this issue has only arissed in the past week.
  15. mick4394

mick4394 Member

That makes me feel a little better... just a little.
  16. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

^you took the words right out of my mouth.exactly.^
  17. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Moto thx for the specific update on the issues they are having.
  18. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

no problem,push the thanks button people.
  19. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

darn, i knew i forgot something.
  20. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

did We forget anything

I pushed the button and got some of what I wanted did “We “forget anything?

I pushed the button and got some of what I wanted did “We “forget anything?

Oh yea I need to order one of those gpsgenericdrvr.dll that has the header for my Q9c. got any?