Activating on Verizon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by astrocramp, Jan 25, 2009.

1. manbat

manbat Active Member

Same with mine....His are good!
  2. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Yep - moto maniac is the man. I have 2 from him.
  3. dperreno

dperreno New Member

Hang in there. There is a bit of an art to getting your phone activated, and a bit of luck. But, it will happen! It seems that the only way you can activate is by dialing *228 and choosing 3. I believe you have to have a data plan (or vcast) on the phone you are replacing -- that is the only way I have been able to activate so far. You can then cancel the data plan once the phone is activated.
  4. bjmjpl

bjmjpl New Member

day 3 - still nothing works....
  5. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Curious are you trying to activate it on a line that already has a smarpthone on it?

And fyi they are still having issues. I just tried swapping a different device for a friend last night and no can do.FYI it was a Krave going on a line that has a enV2 on it currently. I tried online, *228 option 3, and even CS as they couldn't do it either and this is a normal dumbphone not a smartphone even. All they said was try it tomorrow and see what happens.
  6. bjmjpl

bjmjpl New Member

yep i have another q1 on it right now - full data...

if they are having a problem thats one thing but they tell me they arent and i have had no progress at all.....

apparantly they are manually trying to add my phone to the database which for some reason takes 2 weeks they are trying to get around...

i actually feel better they are having problems - i wonder if they are trying to lock folks like us out of the system...or just having problems...
  7. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

No surprise on the 2 weeks, actually that is pretty quick unless you know someone over there. Benn down the road myself before and it took almost a month to get it added.

Personally I think they are just having issues do to the merge being finalized with Alltel now. And fyi they won't lock us out being they are suppose to be opening there network anyways which is why it is a lot easier to get an MEID added today then is was say 2 years ago when I had to deal with it.
  8. bjmjpl

bjmjpl New Member

excellent news man - thx for the info!
  9. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

relax and give it time.they are having a hiccup in the system while doing maintence
  10. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

11. dperreno

dperreno New Member

Well, I stupidly deactivated my phone last week to try the gps speedup hack, and I haven't been able to get it reactivated since! (couldn't figure out the hack, so I left it alone). I know that others have also been unable to activate their Napoleons, but has anyone BEEN ABLE to activate their Nap in the past week? I've tried activating from both a Q9c with data plan and an LG VX8700 with VCast but no dice.

Now I WAS able to switch phones on my son's line (on my Family Plan account) using the web tool, but not by using *228, so it looks like the problem is with activating from the handset, which is the only way that works for the Nap.

Comments? Observations? Advice?
  12. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

anyone know when the ota will be working again? i hear from lots of people no one is getting ota workjing. option3 just goes to an operater.
  13. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Give it a try . . . you can always just hang up. You could try on line too. :) -Q
  14. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

"which is the only way that works for the Nap." NOT SO. I activated mine on line with NO problem whatsoever. Where did you get YOUR information? :) -Q
  15. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

I Reactivated my nap at 11 AM this morning
  16. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

people have pm'd me and i try'd myself online on phone and ota. no dice.or its a hit or miss maybe.*228 option 3 now goes to CS and wont just aota.i see threads on other sites saying there is issues and some say there isnt.
  17. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

Some times it just LUCK
  18. sads25

sads25 New Member

activation

Will the Naps you had activate online or only via the *228 method????
  19. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

i only use *228 option 3 for my naps. i havent try'd online as its just easier and quick ota.
    but i hear all kinds of users are having this issue.for giggles i try'd 12 times today with 12 phones and no luck on any.very odd.
  20. bjmjpl

bjmjpl New Member

oddly i got mine on the other day ota...?!?!?!?!