Activating on Verizon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by astrocramp, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took New Member

Well I just spent another hour on the phone with CS. The first level insisted that the phone wasn't e911 capable. After I explained that I could switch between e911 and GPS he kicked it up a level. The new tech has submitted a form which supposedly will take 7 to 10 days. We'll see.

I appreciate all the help on this, but if I can't make a call on this phone by February 12, it's up for sale.
  2. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 2:04 PM
    To: Bill Russell
    Subject: RE: Napoleon A4500 group

I submited it and this is the most recent update. The estimated date to complete the request is 02/08/10 02:01:14 PM EST
    Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 7:49 PM

ok I understand I have re submitted them all from this list again. There could've been a mistake made on our part so this should correct it.
  3. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

thanks for the update bud. I'll give it a couple of days and start testing the ones I have again as we get closer to 2/8. If anything changes or goes threw I'll post here obviously and let you know. FYI tho I'll try a different one each day when I start tho just to see how they are getting processed.
  4. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Try again, Aixelsyd

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:42 PM

Ok it appears that I've found the issue and the tickets were closed and resolved but the nothing was done with the ESN`s please allow a few additional days for a resolution.
  5. bjmjpl

bjmjpl New Member

agreed it was really wierd - still think its a silver and it was in the original list sent in from here.....
  6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

WOOOT!!!!!! First one of the ones I had on the list just activated fine. FYI tho it did not go threw via OTA for some resaon wanted to transfer to CS so I hung up. I then logged in to My Account and entered the MEID manually after which time I powered it on and dialed *228 selecting option 1 and all was good to go. Heading out for a bit so I'm going to leave this one active and when I get back I will try swapping over to the other one I had on the list and then report back.

So with that said anyone else who was on the last list plz try activating when time permits and post your results.

Edit: To report back I just went ahead and activated the 2nd device I had on the list and all is good to go on this one also.

So with both posts it looks like we should all be good to go with getting them active on the accounts now. Oh and fyi I did double check on both after having them active and they do display as Q9c's like they should be. Any issue for anyone plz let us know and we'll see what we can do to get it corrected.

Lastly mucho thanks to wnrussell
  7. manbat

manbat Active Member

My Nap was also entered in one of the first batches. I had it active when submitted. I also had VZNav functioning for months during the change over. The Nap went from displaying as a gray flip to displaying as a Q Silver. The VZNav still worked ...even though it was displaying as a Q Silver. I called VZ support and explained this to them. VZ support had me de-activate the Nap, then re-activate. Of course the VZNav would not activate afterwards.(just as I told them). Because I had been using and paying for VZNav for months I didn't have much trouble convincing them that it wasn't a Q Silver...lol. After two days I receing a call telling me that it had been re-entered as a Q9c.
  8. Bullroarer Took

I've been out of town for 3 days and don't have my Nap with me now. I'll try to activate tonight. Thanks all.
  9. Bullroarer Took

I'm on the Network! Thanks so much to everyone who made this happen, especially Bill & Syd.
  10. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Sweet glad to hear all went well and you now have it active on the network. And you are more then welcome. Enjoy
  11. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

CellZealot says that Alltel Q9c's can't be activated on Verizon and USCC MEIDs may be blocked too. This adds a whole new level to Verizon's stupidity.
  12. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

This is a little different situation than the Napoleons which were made in China and were not in the Verizon MEID database at all.

Verizon ALREADY has the MEID of all Alltel devices in their database. However, there is a feature code that is tied to each of these MEID's that REQUIRES that a grandfathered Alltel account be present for activation. Just as Blackberries cannot activate without a Blackberry data plan, Alltel phones require the former Alltel plans to activate.

Their established procedure for ALL other CDMA phones that ARE NOT in the database is to submit the Database Management Division form (DMD) in which the techs can add MEID's at their discretion. However, this database management division can ONLY add MEIDs that are not already in the system, but have no power to change the feature codes or requirements tied to the MEID's already in the system. He said the reason the Alltel case has been closed so many times is that when the DMD dept goes to add the phone, it says it's already in the database with the feature code for grandfathered Alltel accounts only. DMD is given no option to change the provisions under which a phone will activate.

Alltel Q9c = in the database, but with grandfathered Alltel plan feature requirement. DMD cannot modify a phone's feature requirements, can only add phones that are not in the database at all.

Telus or US Cellular V9m = not in Verizon's database. DMD can add them at their discretion as if they are a Verizon phone.

Getting an Alltel V9m onto a Verizon plan that wasn't a former Alltel plan is like trying to get a Droid activated without selecting a data plan. The system setup absolutely will not allow the phone to work without the other requirements being in place.

I've talked to probably 25 reps, and this answer seems to tie it all together. When I sent executive relations a recent request to discuss this matter, they said it had been opened and closed 3 times, and that there would be no further action on their part.
  13. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I finally got a Q9c Verizon monster thanks to notgonnauseth and will have to explore further.
  14. String

String Member

Activating Q9N

I just upgraded my phone to a Droid 2 and wanted to move my Nap to my wife's account, but it will not activate. (*228 option 3). Is there anyway to get these reactivated?

Thanks