Activating on Verizon

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by astrocramp, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Beefy

Beefy New Member

what im saying is i dont have the unlimited data plan. When i got my dare i had to up my plan from my previous agreement to 1500 mins a month n 1500 texts, i had to do that in order to use the dare. So i just wanna make sure im not changing my plan at all, and not getting any of those features like email/internet.
  2. Beefy

Beefy New Member

you'v brought the n to the verizon store? they didnt care? im gonna do that then cuz its the best way.
  3. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

Just don't tell them it a n because they don't have to activate it.
  4. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

IMO it would be a bad plan to have a Nap with no data plan. In all honesty what is the point of having a smartphone with no data plan. Also keep in mind there are numerous different type of data plan so you need to be more specific. There are ones specifically for smartphone, and then others for regular phones.

FYI the reason you had to change calling plans is because odds are you were on an America's Choice calling plan prior to getting your Dare. And to have a Dare you have to have one of there Nationwide plans. Lastly if you want to not have any data plan like you currently are sitting then don't worry about it, things do not just get added to your account without your authorization. And secondly even at that after it is active you can just go into your My Account to remove the feature if need be.
  5. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

I never do I just tell them I have family that works for Moto and I get free phones to try...lol. Which use to be the truth seeing as my Uncle worked in the cell dept and I did get test phones all the time back in the day. And seeing as I did it's been logged to my account for years now so they never really question me about anything.
  6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

That is his store tho,who is to say by you they wouldn't have attitude for some reason. As an example I have 3 stores on my way home. 2 of which I refuse to go to anymore as they question everything. to date I have never been able to even get them to activate a phone I didn't buy threw VZW. The store I do head into when needed will do whatever is asked of them. So it's really hit or miss to be honest.
  7. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

i also hear some people are not being charged for data
    now would somebody want to make a short or cliff notes on how to turn it on vzw simply without hassles?step by step?
    itll answer everyones questions and this will be the htread to read and itll kepp people from asking the same thing over.
  8. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

I can vouch for that. Since the day I got mine I've watched My Account and to date is still shows no data usage even tho I've used it numerous times over obviously. I do just to be safe tho still carry my vpak.
  9. MotQ

MotQ New Member

Need advice

I just received a Q9n-it loads up fine and everything but I cannot do over the air programming. It advised me to call Verizon. When I did, they cannot find the EMID in their system and cannot load the EMID in their system "at this level". He explained they could for someone with Motorola at that level but not at the user level. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
  10. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/295282-post43.html
  11. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

I just ran into this today myself with a buddy. Here is the kicker the phone he bougth is my original NAp that has already been active on VZW's network and they told him the same thing today. We are going to wait till the am and then try it again. If no go I'll swap over to an actual VZW phone first being he has another test device I had on the account. After swapping to an orginal VZW v3c I'm going to try doing the Nap again and see what we get.

Curious tho have you made any changes to your account recently? According to CS if you make an plan changes you can not activate a phone for 24hrs now until the system updates according to what they told him this afternoon.
  12. MotQ

MotQ New Member

Verizon Issues

Thank you for the information. I'll try again tomorrow but he seemed pretty adament that if that phone's ID was not in their system they couldn't activate it. I guess I could try going to a Verizon store and see if they can do it if all else fails unless some has another idea. I hope I can get it to work-after an hour fiddling with it I have to question what drugs Verizon was taking when they decided not to use this phone. It is really superior to my Q9c in virtually every way.
  13. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

where did you get that phone? more info needed tohelp out. try flashing it to a more current f/w and try 228 again. if it connects to vzw then its a valid meid and they can turn it on. if not its been flagged.
  14. MotQ

MotQ New Member

I got it off of Ebay from a reputable seller with a good history on these phones. This particular one says "Engineering Sample" on the right side. It still had the plastic protectant sheets and all that on it. I can call Verizon *228 on it just fine but it directs me to customer service after I try to program the number into it. The CS rep got me to read the EMID number 3 times to make sure it was right.
  15. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

you bought that phone from 1 of 2 people. iroc1 or campodirect..
    there were lots of these phones that had bad esn #s and or other issues. the janitors even got some to try to sell. thats why the phone may be bad as it still hasthe plastic on it there fore never tested.it was a dud.
    i hope your just over looking somethig. try this. press ### send and see ifthe meid matches the sticker on the back.what is the esn? is it all 0000000? or xxxxxxxxx
  16. MotQ

MotQ New Member

Emid

Well, you are right, I did buy it from campdirect. The EMID does match the sticker inside the phone-an "A" plus 000000, then EF and five numbers.
    Thanks
  17. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

Do yourself a favor and edit your post and remove your ESN number.

Not a good idea to post it...even if it's not a valid one in the system.

In theory, it can be used to "clone" that ESN to a different phone by unscrupulous people...and we know there's none of those on the internet...right?
  18. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

Well to report back on my roommates not activating yesterday and them telling him the MEID was not in there system which was garbage seeing as I already had that phone on the network, as normal they were wrong. I woke up this am and did the *228 option 3 and was golden. It is all setup and working on the network just fine except for having to wait the 24hrs after the account changes like they mentioned to him.
  19. MotQ

MotQ New Member

Q9n Activation

Tried again this morning with the same results-over the air directed me to "complete this transaction by visiting Verizon Wirless.com (which is crazy since that doesn't give you any helpful information about doing that over the internet) or calling customer service. I'm guessing I got a dud.
  20. doctorq2u

doctorq2u New Member

Let this be a lesson

----------------------------
    Let this be a lesson to anyone else. Don’t talk to Verizon about your phone. Activate something else wait and try to reactivate later.
    Verizon is in it for the money, especially if you’re under contract. Verizon wants to sell you a phone. I have said this in this thread before. They don’t have to activate the phone.
    Here is some hope I got one of the Engineering Samples from the same guy and so far it’s OK.

Edit:
    Oh Yea be sure your plan is compatible with the phone your trying to activate are it may get flagged.
    ---------------------------------
    @ Moto, Do you have a better rom for this Q9n that has been tested?